Surefire 8NX recharge problems

bigcozy

Enlightened
On my 8NX, with the B90 batts, I am having serious problems with the batts staying up. I get about one minute of white hot light and then it "yellows out" to about a tenth the strength and then goes all the way out in less than five minutes. I ran both of them all the way down and then charged them, same thing. I bought this used, are the batteries shot?

Big Tex

Enlightened
Sounds like your batts are bad. Mine did that when it was new but SF replaced the batts and it's worked great ever since.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Perhaps you should call SureFire Customer Service and offer to return your B90 batteries (and maybe your charger?) for SureFire to check out.

Al

SurefireM6

Enlightened
I don't think your supposed to run your batteries all the way down. I asked about that on the SFDB once and Ken told me that it puts far too much stress on the batteries to run it all the way down. I now recharge it at around 30 minutes runtime to prevent this. The thread must be 3 months old by now if you want to search for it on the SFDB under rechargeables.

bigcozy

Enlightened
Surefire has informed me that the batteries are probably bad and have offered to replace both of them no charge.

When you gripe about Surefire prices you should remember the customer service.