Computer help needed

ATVMan

Newly Enlightened
I really do not know whats going on. I cant get onto google or gmail, which means i cant read my email since thunderbird cant get onto it either. Ive tried in Opera, Firefox, IE, Maxthon, and even AOL Explorer and it wont work on any of them. Ive deleted all cookies and caches and temporary internet files. Ive tried a system restore to a few days ago when I wasnt having this problem and that didnt work. Ive tried disabling the firewall. I searched for spyware with 3 different programs. I dont know what else is left for me to do, my neighbor gets it fine.

Can anybody help me out on this one?
Thanks, Matt

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm... you might try to see if you can "ping" google or gmail..

1. click on "Start", "Run", then type in "cmd" in the box and click "OK". This should give you a DOS box.
2. type in "ping mail.google.com" and press "Enter". You should see something like the following window:
ping.jpg

If you are not getting a response, try "ping yahoo.com" or other sites to see if they respond.. If other sites respond but google doesn't, then it may be a DNS problem if it says "host not found".. You can also try to ping 64.233.167.83 directly to see if there is a response..

Last edited:

fluorescent

Enlightened
try putting the IP address in your browser instead of the name.. you may have a DNS /hosts file problem.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't use any of those services, but in the unlikely even that UserIDs or passwords are case-sensitive, you might want to check your keyboard to see if your Caps Lock key is engaged.

ATVMan

Newly Enlightened
Wow it randomly started working this morning so i guess it was just an outage for me, thanks for the help though