Huntlight FT-01 DOA (been helped already)

daveman

Enlightened
I just received my Huntlight FT-01 from JS Burly's 5 minutes ago (very prompt shipping), and was very impressed by the box it came it, the fit and finish of the light (almost SF caliber), the solid feel in my hands, and the way the tailcap clicks. All except when I click the tailcap, nothing happens!!! I thought it didn't have any batteries in it, but it had 2 panasonic in it. I switched them out to 2 titaniums, no luck, tried 2 sanyos, no luck either. The LED didn't blow on me, it never lit up! I haven't read anything about this on the forum, i know most DOA's usually die in second with RCRs, but mine just doesn't light up. Help please.

This REALLY does not look or feel like a dead light; I've seen DOAs before, this one's fit and feel is unsurpassed. Am I turning it on the wrong way or something?

Last edited:

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Help, Huntlight FT-01 DOA

sounds DOA to me, got mine today and it works great. The pink lanyard looks like something for an 11 year old japanese girl.

Ken 222

Newly Enlightened

If ya got the cells in with the + end toward the head there's not much else to do after trying 3 pair. Send an e-mail to JSB and he'll take care of you.The switch is a reverse clickie, but it'll work or it won't. Not much help eh?

I didn't think mine had cells in it when it came out of the box.

Pumaman, did yours come with cells already in it?

Ken

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

cells in it, worked first click

daveman

Enlightened

Just contacted Jon, he could not have been anymore courteous in his reply, I'll know who to buy from again when Christmas comes around. He said he'll send out a replacement as soon as he can. On a side note, the more I look and hold this light, the more it feels like the SF L1. Will get to compare beams upon arrival of next shipment.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

:):grin2::)

Check for this .............

If the head is UN-screwed just a little bit , it won't come on.

I actually use mine that way / as a twistie / instead of clicking the switch ea. time to turn on. I do it that way when I know I'm gonna be turning it on and off multiple times in an hour or so , during a work project. Saves wear/n/tear on the switch.

.................................... TMG/:grin2:

daveman

Enlightened

You leave me no choice but to buy a FT-02 from you again for Christmas....:santa:

jcg344

Newly Enlightened
You're giong to love that FT-01 when you get it, Dave. I received mine last week from JSB (thanks for the prompt shipping, Jon) and it is a great little light. Fantastic fit and finish. Just ordered a charger and a couple of 18650 cells to try out.

Chad