Surefire M2 G&P 3 Watt Drop-in, is it good?

munchs

Newly Enlightened
Hi!
This is my first post here:) I have been into SF M2 and recently purchased one. What a flashlight! I'm pretty happy with it. I like almost everything about this flashlight especially its overall design. Just I wished I could have a led drop-in option that doesn't require the entire head replacement. And this is what I found at lighthound.com. Here is the link. It's the third one from the top.
http://www.lighthound.com/sales/gp_flashlight_bulbs.htm

This is exactly what I've been dreaming for. Just a LED lamp replacement part for M2!!! I'm sure I'm gonna get it. I would very much like to hear what they'd say who'd been using this option for their C2 or M2. Or is there any better option for M2?

Thanks for reading and your inputs in advance.

xring

Newly Enlightened
I have that one mounted in my 6p. The color is very white and the beam is perfectly round, like the stock p60 lamp. Out to 15 yards or so, and especially closer in, it seems as bright as the p60. It becomes evident that it does not throw as far beyond that range. Still sufficient depending on your needs. I'm very happy with mine. You can even add a cell extender for 9v for added run time if you want.

cy

Flashaholic
awsume mod potential!

bored M2 out to accept 18650, installed a two stage switch and a 3watt dropin.

killer light with long runtime...

munchs

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all for your inputs. I haven't got it yet, but I'm sure its been added to my 'must buy and get installed in my M2' list :grin2:
I was also considering using 18650 in my M2. Would it be still too narrow to put it in if I use unprotected 18650. I hear unprotected ones are a bit thinner than others.

cy

Flashaholic
you can use 17670 in M2 with 3watt led with no mods. but if you bore out for 18650, runtime will almost double. but I'm not a runtime guy so take that with loads of salt...

Flash007

Enlightened
Can I bore a Surefire M2 to accept 18650 protected from AW ?
It seems to me that the "cutted" sides of the M2's body will be too thin if I bore it (I've mesured 19,7 mm)

Have already 17670, but want more runtime with the D26 3,7V 190 lumens from LF.

If it's not possible to bore the body of my M2 to accept 18650, I have the possibility to buy W-E 6AX or the Leef body 1x 18650 C2C for the M2 bezel (but this last is expensive).