SureFire A2, why "2"?

potok

Newly Enlightened
As i get this finger pain, trying to stop myself from hitting "order" button, i am wondering, was there ever SureFire A1? or A2 is the first. What features will A3 have....

SCblur

Enlightened
I think it refers to the fact that the A2 takes "2" batteries. That would be consistent w/ the E1, E2, L1 and L2, but when you consider the L4 (which also takes 2 batteries) the logic no longer holds true. Who knows.

There have never been any variations on the A2. No A1, no A3. I don't think there are any plans for such.

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know about an A1, but I would guess that the Kroma is basically an "A3." The Kroma is the only good reason I can think of to not get an A2 -- If I could only have a Kroma or an A2, I think it would be the Kroma.

The A2 has the rich spectrum and color rendition of an incan though, and I think it is smaller than the Kroma.

Scott

P.S. Doh! Yes, the battery count makes much more sense. I was thinking sequential generations.

marxs

Enlightened
the A2 is more edc'able compared to the kroma as its much smaller and slimmer. also for a led its not as bright as the U2.

mark

SCblur

Enlightened
iNDiGLo said:
Perhaps its called an A2 because it has 2 forms of light (incan/led)?

:grin2:

I thought of that too, but what about the E2 (1 mode) and L1 (2 modes)?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes, I think the number refers to the cell count: A2, C2, C3, E1, E2, G2, M2, M6, U2, Z2. Other times, it refers to the voltage: 3P, 6P, 9P. Of course, in the first group, the letter precedes the number, and the second group is the reverse of that. I can't figure out a few of their names, like the 10X, for example.