Observations about Liteflux LF1

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my LF1 yesterday and overall I like it. While playing with it I noticed some inconsistencies with the clickie. When turning it on or off while on low, it would go on high for a split second before going on or off. I did read that this happened to someone else.

This morning I was using it on low and it was not going on high first before turning off. Yesterday I noticed while on low I could push the button for momentary high. Again this morning I could not do get the momentary high.

I finally realized that this morning I was holding it in a cigar grip but yesterday I was holding it in a tactical grip. When holding it in a tactical grip there is enough play in the tailcap (due to it being loosened for low mode) that pushing the entire cap allows for a momentary high (I initially thought the button was activating the high). When holding it in cigar grip, the tail cap ends up between my fingers so putting pressure on the tailcap does nothing. Anybody else notice this? I was relieved to figure this out because I was affraid something was wrong with it.

aceo07

Enlightened
Yup, this happened to me when I had the LF1. That's one of the downsides of their 'momentary' high. I think it's just the default action that happens and they decided to call it a feature. It shouldn't be considered a feature if it even happens when I don't want it to happen.

LED Cool

Enlightened
helllo oddjob & aceo07,

if you do not want that to happen, just unscrew the tailcap 1/2 turn to 1 turn from fully tightened.

it does not matter how you hold the light, cigar grip or tactical grip. as long as you unscrew the tailcap 1/2 to 1 turn, pressing/clicking the button will not give you high at all.

it is when the tail cap is turn 1/8 to 1/4 turn that will give you " constant low with momentary high"

hope this helps you to ease your worry.

khoo

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED Cool,
That's what I have done but it sort of bothers me having that little decorative aluminum ring loose. I'm just picky I guess. Thanks anyway. I do like the light though, nice tint.