• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB 18mm 2C & 3C battery sleeves/holders

Enlightened
I am looking for (3) 2C & (3) 3C battery tubes/sleeves/holder that will hold 18500/18650 batteries. I think Icarus made some of these by machining Delrin rods. I prefer something that isn't cut along the length so that I can easily remove it and charge the batteries using a charging clamp.

A 1" PVC pipe works great for CR123's in a C maglite but 18500's won't fit.

Thanks,
Chris

aileron

Newly Enlightened
I don't know about the 3C, but fivemega has PVC tubes intended to hold 2x18650 in a 2C in his extended tailcap thread. I think I'm going to pick up a couple and a tailcap, you might want to check them out.

missionaryman

Enlightened
I have a bunch of 2 x 18500 to 2C ertalon tubes made by Icarus but I'm in Australia so postage might be about US$10, you might want to try someone local forst. The ones I have don't have the slit along the length and will drop out when you turn the light around.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
.308 said:
I am looking for (3) 2C & (3) 3C battery tubes/sleeves/holder that will hold 18500/18650 batteries. I think Icarus made some of these by machining Delrin rods. I prefer something that isn't cut along the length so that I can easily remove it and charge the batteries using a charging clamp.

A 1" PVC pipe works great for CR123's in a C maglite but 18500's won't fit.

Thanks,
Chris

There are different thickness pvc/plastic tubes out there.
It looks like you need a 3/4 ID tube for those (19.5mm ?).

A lawn sprinkler supply center is worth a shot
They may have just the right thickness cut to length pipe for your batteries.

Niteowl

Enlightened
I have found that 3/4" schedule 80 PVC (dark grey) works great if it's turned down a hair on a lathe. I had mine done to the point it has a light friction fit. I drilled a 3/16" hole a 1/4" from the end to use a wire hook for pulling it out with minimum effort if needed. It helps to have a machine shop at work that'll do "government jobs" for me occasionally.