A2 LED mismatch?

Illum

Flashaholic
some reason my A2 [old model, 4 flat sides long clip] has mismatched leds:awman:, two white one warm yellow, as a result the LED beam looks a bit...hazy:ohgeez:.

I compared it to my nite-ize module the color change is significant, but not all that visible during use.
My camera can't tell the difference so sorry no pics

Any idea whether other models have it also or is this just my problem?:grin2:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Illum_the_nation said:
some reason my A2 [old model, 4 flat sides long clip] has mismatched leds:awman:, two white one warm yellow, as a result the LED beam looks a bit...hazy:ohgeez:.

I compared it to my nite-ize module the color change is significant, but not all that visible during use.
My camera can't tell the difference so sorry no pics

Any idea whether other models have it also or is this just my problem?:grin2:
Mine is the same way, one blueish, two warm. It is only noticable if looking right into the leds. :drool:

Illum

Flashaholic
Galiphrey said:
Maybe you can replace them with SMJLEDs.

I fear the mod will void Surefire's warranty...I perfer to have the warranty over the consistency in LED tint

unless I can buy a spare LED ring to mod i'll think of that as the "last option"

Last edited:

Delvance

Enlightened
Two whites and one warm yellow ? Sounds like a good combo to me even though it's not meant to be like that. It should allow for better colour rendition i'd imagine. Personally, i'm contemplating modding one of my A2s to have a red, white and yellow or amber led for better colour and depth recognition.

Illum

Flashaholic
Delvance said:
Two whites and one warm yellow ? Sounds like a good combo to me even though it's not meant to be like that. It should allow for better colour rendition i'd imagine. Personally, i'm contemplating modding one of my A2s to have a red, white and yellow or amber led for better colour and depth recognition.

dont get me wrong here, I love the A2 the way it is...I simply did not know the mismatch until I was studying the reflector and I clicked on the leds...then i posted the thread:grin2:

Delvance

Enlightened
Didn't get you wrong I_t_n :)

Was just commenting that imho, you got an even better deal as it probably renders colour better for your eyes. Indeed the A2 is a very nice light, i did not hesitate pulling the trigger on a 2nd one for a beater EDC lol.

Illum

Flashaholic
SilverFox said:
Hello Illum the nation,

Mine are all nice and even... y/g, y/g, y/g... :)

Tom

the yellow green is a very interest color..this toxic green light...
now If I knew whats is the light used for I may have been interested before i bought a white.:grin2:

the color renditions actually pretty good, but due to the leds nature the actual color of objects illuminated is pretty cold compared to the "warm" xenon