Got a TLR-1. Love it! Is there a handheld equivalent?

SIG

Newly Enlightened
I got Streamlight TLR-1 and I like the beam pattern and brightness.

Is there a handheld LED flashlight with similar beam pattern brightness? It doesn't have to made by Streamlight. 2x123 or an AA version would be ok. Variable brightness would be a bonus!

Is the Gladius' beam similar to the TLR-1? My L4 is a bit more diffuse and my X220A has a much brighter spot. I'm looking for an "in between" pattern and so far the TLR-1 is striking a good compromise.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Telkin

Enlightened
The Glaidus beam is very similar to the TLR-1. I have the TLR-2 which should be the same beam profile. The Gladius seems to have a slightly wider hotspot and brightness is almost the exact same. The biggest difference though is that the Gladius has an irregular beam and not a perfect circle but it does have lots of worthy functions like dimming and such.

Overall I think the gladius is very much like the TLR.

SIG

Newly Enlightened
Great - thanks for the info! I'll keep my eyes peeled for a good deal on a Gladius.

PetesTactical

Newly Enlightened
I aggree, I just got a TRL-1 and I was blown away.

(A TLR-1 Tactical Light Rail - 1 is a 3W led rail mounted light for a gun.)

wotblake

Newly Enlightened
I also just got a TLR1...WOW. This is a fantastic light and very well built. My new glock should be here today. I can't wait to mount it!

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I handled one of these when I was visiting my daughter in Idaho. I noticed that the reflector was smooth, and had a good output. I do not recall a similiar led Streamlight handheld that has the same reflector.

Bill