Cheapest place to get Maglites, including parts/bulbs?

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
This link gets redirected to:

web.robertstool.com:8091

Is this site hosted from someone's residential DSL account?

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not in the URL, no. That can be made to look any way you want. But the site actually contacted is on port 8091. I'm behind a corporate firewall right now that only allows outbound web traffic on ports 80 and 443. My browser stalls and shows web.robertstool.com:8091 in the lower left corner as it attempts (unsuccessfully) to connect on port 8091.
Try this... While connected, open a command window and type NETSTAT -n
It will list a bunch of inbound and outbound connections. It will show an outbound connection on port 8091.

Walt175

Enlightened
Wow, he's only a couple of miles from me. I'll have to go see how much he actually has in inventory. :naughty:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless you're going to make a decent sized order, it would probably cost you much less to procure the item locally. If you just order a single drop-in module at $15.80 (which I didn't actually see on the site), you would be charged $25 (minimum order) plus the cost of UPS shipping (should be around $7-8 with current UPS rates).

Mr_Light said:
The following web site has by far the lowest prices on all things MAG that I have found. I bought 5 MagLed drop-ins for around $15.80 delivered.

Mr_Light

Enlightened
The site isn't real user friendly. If you want to see the MAG stuff they have you should select product catalog and then click on Mag-Lite under manufacturer. You can scroll through the list of Mag stuff or skip to the last page where the MagLed stuff is. As you said the shipping will be at least $6, which is why I bought 5 MagLed drop-ins in one order. They seem to have a pretty complete list of replacement parts/bulbs.