Which Inova is closest to a Surefire L4?

Danbo

Enlightened
I'm looking for a lot of bright white light in a very small package. Pocket size. I absolutely love the Surefire L4 Lumamax, but they're pretty costly. Someday, I'll get one, but might have to trade a knife for it. Meanwhile, several of the Inova lights seem to be close to fitting my requirements, and it appears they cost a whole lot less. So, LED light experts. Which one comes closest to the L4?

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only have experience with the first and second-gen X0's, an X5 and I have an L4. The new X0 has similar beam characteristics, though it's not quite as floody. However, the output isn't near what the L4 is. However, bear in mind that it also has about 4-5 times the regulated runtime! The X5 is VERY floody, but of course doesn't have great output.

If you want a jaw-dropper you have to get the L4, but the new (reflectored) X0 is a useful substitute.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
A T3 with a mild diffuser would be the closes equivalent I can think of. It's way throwier (let me know if I'm getting to technical) than the L4 (ref. FLR.com) so it is made for a different purpose, but a diffuser may help change that.
Put a piece or two of clear but diffuse tape over the T3 and it should get a little closer to the L4's more floody beam. The total output is still about half, but there is no Inova with a Lux V, the T3 has a Lux III. But it has enough for 95% of the time I'll bet. It'll run twice as long for 1/3 the price.
I'd get an L2 over an L4 though the shorter L4 is very kewl.

<edit> Oh, and see my avatar (and suggested new smiley for CPF) for the best recommendation.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably the T2, if you are going to EDC it.
I have a T1, and a T3. I have EDC'd the T1, the T3 is in my sling bag.

Blades