UK 4aa Zoom = UK 4aa eled + brightness/focus adj?

mmace1

Enlightened
Hi, is the UK 4aa Zoom just a UK 4aa eled with focus and output adjustments? Just curious if the rock-solid regulation and great runtime of the UK 4aa eled is repeated in the UK 4aa Zoom on low mode.

Thanks

GreySave

Enlightened
I have one of the "zooms" but I have not had it long enough to be able to answer your questions. I purchased it based upon flashlightreviews.com assessment and many of your questions might be answered there.

\While the focusing feature is useful, it is a limited focus. You cannot widen it like you can a maglite. It is still very useful though as it keeps a nice beam pattern all of the time. Mine is used on a hard hat mount, and it is one of the best lights I have found for that type of usage, especially at a reasonable price.

mmace1

Enlightened
Thanks, and yeah, I originally "discovered" the light via flashlightreviews.com, but he didn't do a run-time on low unfortunately.

thunderlight

Enlightened
I have one of these and I like it. Mine has a tint that is very similar to that of an incandescent light, making the rendition of color better than any other LED light I have used. This includes Surefire, Mag, and other Luxeons. OTOH, it is not by any means, the brightest LED light, but it is still quite bright. I like the 2 stage feature as well as the focusing mechanism.

Unfortunately, I don't have the original UK eLed for comparison purposes.