Huntlight FT-01

Optic Nerve

Newly Enlightened
This light is new to me. What makes this light so nice? I did a search on it, but I could not get a feel of why this light has many member talking on these forums. Just trying to get some information. Thanks.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well for starters it is the low price ($33 +shipping) and all of its features. It is fully regulated and runs for over 3 hours in regulation on a single 18650 rechargable cell. It also has VERY good output (around 60 lumens) and a very quality feel to the light as well.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think everybody won the Lux-Lotto with the Huntlights...tint on mine is up there with my HDS GT units...absolutely fantastic.

FT-01 is one of the best sleeper lights of 2006 IMHO.

CFU

havand

Enlightened
I've been holding off on one because I'm very leary of non HARD anodized lights. I'm hoping the supposed new version coming out that is hard anodized (HAIII), won't be more than $10 more...

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
What new version???

I also keep hearing about a "new version"...nothing about it on the Huntlight site though.
thinking.gif

That said, I don't really need another FT-01...unless they release a genuine HAIII model...then my C/C takes another hit!
biggrin.gif

CFU

flame2000

Enlightened
daveman said:
What new version???

There's a post somewhere in one of the Huntlight threads that mentioned a new HAIII version using UX1J Lux3. Don't know if it's true or rumour. :)

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently received one that I bought from B/S/T. It holds a 18650 cell....but not a Wolf Eyes 168A cell. The 168A is too wide. Other than that, I can't get over the quality of its look, build, and feel. If you're looking for a host for a 18650 cell with AW's 3.7V lamp, this is the light for you.

Irongen

Newly Enlightened
Does Huntlight have a website, or are they only dealing through the boards here?

Longbow

Enlightened
Like mine alot, but I wish it had twice the run time and twice the brightness. Also it is much larger than the Fenix P1. :crackup: