Xtar X3 and 18650 cells

Irongen

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased this light based on the review from Flashlightreviews.com, and am so far very pleased with it. For the price you get a lot -- flashlight (pretty well built and nice beam at that), charger, two 18650 cells, holster, lanyard -- even a decent little presentation box! Definitely worth the look if you are interested in getting your feet wet in rechargables like I was.

I do have a question though about the 18650s. I didn't receive any documentation with the light, so I'm not sure how long I can keep the cells in the charger. According to the review on Flashlightreviews, "the lihium-ion cells are protected from over- and under-discharge, so should be rather safe to use." Does this mean that I can leave the cells in the charger all the time, until I need them, or should I remove them after they are done charging? The charger included has a red/green LED - red while charging, presumably green when done. Anyone have any experience with this, this charger, anything? :huh2:

Thanks in advance for replies!

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
With that charger it should take only a couple of hours to charge. When using the light, it should shut off on low voltage. Best thing to do is charge the cells when you first notice it dimming. I got the previous version on this light for someone at work. He's been using it for a almost a year as his work light (carpenter) No problems at all and he loves it. You can leave the cells in the charger but theres no real need to do so. The cells will hold a charge for a very long time.