Best Place To Buy Night-Ops Gladius ?

X Racer

Enlightened
I have been thinking about adding a Night-Ops Gladius to my collection lately. Seems like a great light to keep in the glove-box of my vette.

I have seen posts on the forums here lately about great prices being offered on the Gladius (like ~$120). Who is offering the great prices ? Are they legit ?

I usually buy from Steven at Spyder Tactical or Lighthound, etc, but they seem to be priced much higher than the prices I keep seeing people post here. Anyone have any advice ?

X Racer

Enlightened
Thanks for the link. Looks like they aren't shipping for a few more weeks there. Anyone know of anywhere else ?

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great Deal and Steven is tops...

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1618212#post1618212

Gladius $170 with a FREE Mod-u-Lok Holster ($24 value) and FREE SHIPPING!
11 Black and 5 Sniper Grey IN STOCK

NightOps Open top nylon pouch $16 with FREE SHIPPING when purchased with a light.... this pouch is awesome. It has the ability to strap the light in while moving around, but loosen the velcro and the light can be quickly unsheathed for tactical operation. Fits the Gladius or Falcata very well.

IMG_0476Small.jpg

------------------

Heres a Gladius with a little Modding McR20 and now takes 18650
IMG_0463Small.jpg

IMG_0464Small.jpg

1010669pz9.jpg

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
X Racer said:
I have been thinking about adding a Night-Ops Gladius to my collection lately. Seems like a great light to keep in the glove-box of my vette.

I have seen posts on the forums here lately about great prices being offered on the Gladius (like ~$120). Who is offering the great prices ? Are they legit ?

I usually buy from Steven at Spyder Tactical or Lighthound, etc, but they seem to be priced much higher than the prices I keep seeing people post here. Anyone have any advice ?

In my experience, "You get what you pay for" although there are always exceptions.........
You can get this Light from many places, some cheaper than others, but if you want the latest version I would only buy it from Blackhawk........ Some of the lesser priced lights may be older versions........ And may not have the "latest improvements"....
The current Serial # is up around 20,000+ and both the tailcap and reflector seem to have been improved over an earlier version that I had....
A truly great light...... So Bright..... I matched the beam Throw with the Led Logic Striker (which according to CPF Tests has a greater throw) and I cant see a difference, by eye, even in total darkness......

Thehappyman

x2x3x2

Banned
hey lips, whats that in the last pic u posted?

also, what needs to be done to have it take 18650?

thanks.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the converter board inside the tube sleeve.

Nemul modded mine. He'll do anything for money! :)

The reflector is McR27 also (not McR20 like I listed)

treasurydept

Newly Enlightened
Say there Lips, I too would be very interested in modding my Gladius to take an 18650. How much did Nemul charge you, and how are you finding the improvements (output, runtime etc.)?

Paladin

Enlightened
The holsters are on BO till mid Oct per a note near the top of the product listing. I have an OD one on BO, and was told they were getting more in any day. But 'till the holsters arrive nothing will be shipped. Waiting for a BO'd light to come in is "character building".

The black HA one sent recently (mid-Sept.) was s/n 1769x. The Blackhawk branded cells were dated 08-2015 FWIW. All functions work well, and I haven't broken it yet. All the talk about tailcaps has me paranoid...how much is a spare Gladius tailcap going to cost? Hint...$129+ shipping.
Paladin

x2x3x2

Banned
so are the ones from latactical s/n 1769x the new improved ones with fixed tailcap?