can some kind soul confirm this?

X Racer

Enlightened
I just got one that I believe was a new unit from SF VERY recently and it is standard dark HAIII Nat....

Miracle

Enlightened
X Racer said:
I just got one that I believe was a new unit from SF VERY recently and it is standard dark HAIII Nat....

what color is dark HAIII Nat?

:huh2:

X Racer

Enlightened
SFs standard HAIII-Natural, which is a dark grey like they have been using for quite some time now. HAIII-Nat can vary quite a bit and some manufacturers natural color can be quite light.

Miracle

Enlightened
X Racer said:
SFs standard HAIII-Natural, which is a dark grey like they have been using for quite some time now. HAIII-Nat can vary quite a bit and some manufacturers natural color can be quite light.

thankz for the info X Racer,

I m wondering y my uncle said the L4 he bought is black in color...

:candle:

X Racer

Enlightened
Surefire has been known to make runs of black lights. I have seen black KL4 heads so there probably was a black version made at one point.

Miracle

Enlightened
X Racer said:
Surefire has been known to make runs of black lights. I have seen black KL4 heads so there probably was a black version made at one point.

thankz 4 the info.

once i get it i will update here on what color it is

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen black E2e's around for sale. So that and the fact that X racer has seen KL4 heads around in black, then it's definately possible that a black L4 exists.

marxs

Enlightened
i think the black L4's are limited runs just like the black A2's. Ive seen some e1e's, kl1's in black as well. if you have them your lucky (well i think you are, i like black).

mark

Miracle

Enlightened
marxs said:
i think the black L4's are limited runs just like the black A2's. Ive seen some e1e's, kl1's in black as well. if you have them your lucky (well i think you are, i like black).

mark

hello Sir,

r the hardware of these limited runs up 2 date?

or r they rather old?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
IIRC the Scout light uses a black KL4 that can then be mounted on a black E-Series combo that was a limited run some time ago.

bernie

marxs

Enlightened
if your refering to the hardware used they should be the same, only the color is different. AFAIK, surefire is known to make changes to the body of the lights without saying so in their websites, catalogs, etc etc. a good example is the bezel, take a look at the A2 for instance, the ones with a lower model number had a flat bezel, then sf changed that to a crenelated one (is that the right term?) without saying so.

mark

Miracle said:
hello Sir,

r the hardware of these limited runs up 2 date?

or r they rather old?

rscanady

Enlightened
The black KL4 is from the scout light. I have seen black "L4" from a scout light KL4 and and E2D body and tail. Otherwise never seen a real black L4. there are black A2 though, I have one up for trade.

Ryan