1xCR123A by Ultrafire?

infection0

Newly Enlightened
http://contents.fifthunit.com/html/products.5th/sku.901.html
Anyone want to try it? I'm broke and won't let myself buy more lights until I get a decent job (I REALLY want something similar to the P1 after reading all the raves about it)

Possible P1 competitor? Their inhouse review shows that it has something like triple the throw of a WF-602A on AA batteries.

Anyone want to get it and try it out? It's pretty cheap at $21 shipped to the US and can be ordered HA III (reviewer says the black version is the HA III).

T4R06

Enlightened
see the difference, on regular 123A its only estimated 35lumens. compare to P1 which is 55

Last edited:

lightningbug

Newly Enlightened
I have one. The tint is pure white.....and I mean pure white. It is extremely bright, with the brightness being about the equivalent of an HDS 42 on a primary. With a rechargeable, its insanely bright. However, I find a nice compromise using a 3.0v rechargeable rather than a 3.6v, as the light gets hot quickly using a 3.6v.

I don't own a P1, so I can't compare them, but from what others have said, the P1 has better regulation. I suspect the brightness is similar. Any of the lights of this brightness level will get occasional or infrequent use I suspect, so perhaps runtime isn't a big issue. I find in my uses, a dimmer light gets the majority of utilitarian use, and the really bright ones are more for the wow factor or occasional address spotting.

infection0

Newly Enlightened
haha, don't compare Fifthunit reviews with other reviews, I don't really trust them in terms of accuracy. Only use Fifthunit reviews to compare with other Fifthunit lights.

Anyway, lightningbug convinced me to try this out if I ever come across enough money.. :)