M4 vs. M6 question Please

BTbigfoot

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I am considering getting either a M4 or a M6. I have seen some beamshots a while back in another thread, but they were'nt decissive enough for me. I ask the owners of these torches to share thier expert opinion and hopefully comparative comments about these two lights. I appreciate your time.

hburner

Enlightened
I have had both and I recomend the M4. Its versatility with the boring out option and running the M6 or M4 or M3T lamps is priceless in my opninion. And it is rechargeable! To me the M4 also more of an easy carry, hburner.

ugrey

Enlightened
Do what I did. Go to OpticsHQ, fill out all their discount stuff, and buy an M6. Also buy a 9P from them and add a battery extender and either a Digilight 12V Lamp Assembly to the 1.25 bezel, or buy a Digiligt 12v, 1.7 inch turbo head. If you buy from OpticsHQ, all of this will just cost a little over buying just an M6 from anybody else. See you can have both! My M6 and 12P are my favorite lights.

BTbigfoot

Newly Enlightened
nuggett said:
M6 with Andrew Wynns HDM6 rechargable pack. Many options with many bulbs and runtimes. Soft start and regulated. This is a drop in mod, no milling or boring required.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/114948

Hello,
I read that thread sounds very interesting, but I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, so could you break it down a little finer for me please. As I see it, I buy the starter kit and charger, charge up the battery pack, thrown in a HOLA, and go. I don't have to mod the tailcap or anything on the M6, this is a drop in mod, and the lamps are brighter than with standard primaries? What if I wanted to use the 250 lumen bulb?

nuggett

Enlightened
it will not only work with the MN20 bulb, but with fivemegas bi pin holder, you can use cheap bi pin bulbs too. its all drop in. do a search for fivemega and look at all the neat stuff he makes