Titanium Lights

JasonC

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

I'm looking for a nice Titanium flashlight to add to my collection, I only have an L4 and XO at the moment but fancy another metal finish for my next light.
I've looked at the Orb Raw Ti but was wondering if there is anything else around? maybe with similiar size, brightness and beam as my L4 which I'm quite pleased with? Pricewise I'm not looking to spend over £200 if possible.

Thanks for any help!

Jason

Piripi

Newly Enlightened
There are a few ti lights out there, but most of them demand prices a little higher than that. I am looking forward to reading some responses to your question.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Jason:)

You should better write about 370 $ because the Pound sign is easy to overlook.

Best regards

____
Tom

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was about to say the Ti FFIII also. There are some spots left in the Ti run and hopefully they will be complete end of Oct, but don't quote me on this.

(Limited run of 50)

marxs

Enlightened
personally if your going for a Ti light, go for a good one. id up your budget and get a Ti PD if you can still find some, probably the B/S/T. If someones willing to part with theirs...i might just burn my wallet for one.

mark

xdanx

Enlightened
marxs said:
personally if your going for a Ti light, go for a good one. id up your budget and get a Ti PD if you can still find some, probably the B/S/T. If someones willing to part with theirs...i might just burn my wallet for one.

mark

Good Idea, but that might cause Titanium addiction which is very hazardous to your wallet. :grin2:

JasonC

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for you help so far.
Sorry I should have given my price in dollars so yea I'm looking to spend around $400 although I've just seen one of those Ti PDs and they look pretty awsome so I might have to up my budget a little! although, I haven't seen a price anywhere for one of these and have I actually got a chance of getting one if they are limited?
The FF3 maybe an option but after seeing the PDTi I think the FF looks a little boring! sorry, just my opinion. Also are either of these 2 lights as bright as an L4?
Are there any other Ti lights out there? I've tried using search on here but it doesn't seem to work that well for me.

Jason

carrot

Flashaholic
There's the Ti Exolion and Ti CR2 Ion... I think Don makes the 27LT in Ti as well? I try not to take a good look at the titanium and custom lights because I'll really go broke with the sweet offerings out there.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you manufacturers can give it that bluish "overheated" look around the top rim, that would be awesome.

My titanium Mugen exhaust on my S2000 has this, and it's very sporty.

Img_0037.jpg

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi Jason C,

I have a couple Ti projects in the works that have suffered extensively from vapor lock but I have every reason to believe that this is not going to continue. Ti is my personal material of choice and it is my hopes and plans to have at least one Ti light as an on going offering and not subject to a one time sale where demand is in excess of supply. I have no ETA at present and am not ready to go into the particulars. Sorry for the mystery but I felt I should at least mention this. If you are looking strictly for currently available then kindly ignore this post and my apologies. :eek:

JasonC

Newly Enlightened
Thanks McGizmo,

It was me that just emailed you so thanks for replying twice! I am looking for something now but you lot on here have got me hooked! so I will more than likely buy one of yours when/if they are produced, as well as buying an alternative to keep me going in the iterim! I might look at the FFIII as there seems to be some good feedback on that, I much prefer the look of the McLux III though, especially those polished versions I've seen in another thread, very nice!:sold:

Thanks for all your help everyone.

Jason

TENMMIKE

Enlightened
iv got a FF~3(firefly)regular PD and a TI PD, dons lights are great working lights i EDC my TI PD, i would like to say also that the firefly is one hell of a light , and is one of my very favorites it is a very high quality light , I'm certain you will be pleased with it should you pick it in the in-term. all the TI PD were sold in i think 24 minutes, so be on your toes when /if the are re issued
JasonC said:
Thanks McGizmo,

It was me that just emailed you so thanks for replying twice! I am looking for something now but you lot on here have got me hooked! so I will more than likely buy one of yours when/if they are produced, as well as buying an alternative to keep me going in the iterim! I might look at the FFIII as there seems to be some good feedback on that, I much prefer the look of the McLux III though, especially those polished versions I've seen in another thread, very nice!:sold:

Thanks for all your help everyone.

Jason

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the Mc Lux PD's. They look great, seem to be a stand out performer and have had practically no bad reports which I can find.

I too would like one to grace my shelves/pockets etc oneday but the price they now command is ridiculous.

I cannot wait until McGizmo is able to produce an ongoing Ti offering.
Cheers to McGizmo!