Need 2 lights for a present

Xe54

Enlightened
Hi:

I will be going to Thailand soon to visit my wife's family. Her sister is interested in having a LED light better than the stuff she finds in Thailand.

I'm thinking of setting her up with a similar outfit as my EDC pair: A Fenix L1P and ARC AAAp. I keep these in my pocket. I like the Fenix for higher output, but don't consider it a high-reliability light. That's what the ARC is for, the backup plan if I get stuck somewhere and need to depend on several hours of light.

Also, the Fenix sometimes lights up in my pocket due to the switch. But I don't think I want to go with exclusively twisty caps for my sis'n-law.

So my questions:

1. Is there something similar to Fenix L1p in both output, AA, and price, but a little better quality?

2. What would be a more "ladylike" alternative to the ARC AAAp? (A little prettier, but AAA and similar specs)

Thanks.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Is there something similar to Fenix L1p in both output, AA, and price, but a little better quality?

I know it's a twisty, but I have real liking for the Civictor V1 and suggest it at every opportunity. The Huntlight FT-A2 is very similair to the L1P...and if the quality of my FT-01 is anything to go by it should be more than acceptable...also the Jet Beam Jet-1 mk2

2. What would be a more "ladylike" alternative to the ARC AAAp? (A little prettier, but AAA and similar specs)

Peak "Matterhorn" in stainless steel?

CFU

Edit:
Also note that there is nothing "un-ladylike" about the natural coloured Fenix lights (like the E1, which would make a fine AAA keychain light). A natural coloured P1 and E1 would be a lovely set to give her if she can obtain CR123's.

Last edited:

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Xe54:)

To 1: No, I don't know another light with its qualitys

You can use the tailcap as twistie, it's more secure. I modded mine in 2stage switch, click for high and low and twist for on/off, costs a few cents and 15 minutes.:)

Very very usefull, so the low mode spend you light for the whole night.

To2: You can go with a Fenix AAA light. I prefer Luxeon's against to 5mm leds, so I would buy a L1P/T for her.

Best regards

____
Tom

LED Cool

Enlightened
alternatives AA lights would be

Fenix L1S, L2S, L1T, L2T.

Jetbeam MKII.

LiteFlux LF1.

all running on AA size batteries. alkaline or Nimh.

also try Fenix LOP, E1 & E0 (AAA size battery)