Looking for high powered 365nm UV led

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for a high powered UV led in the range of around 365nm. Any help on getting one or two of them? Thanks!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The only LED I am aware of meeting your description is one from Nichia. These have come down in price but I think there is still a minimum buy of 5 pieces. I have a couple mounted on E-screws but none discreet. :shrug: I also believe the part is going to be upgraded with higher radiometric flux in the near future. If I recall correctly, Nichia is working on a 200 mW version where as the current part is 100 - 150 Mw, to my spotty recollection.

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is exactly what I am looking for Don. Do you know where I can purchase the led or if you have any extra LEs you could sell me? A 150mW part is more than enough. Thanks!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
You can buy the LED direct from Nichia. I have no present plans for the ones I have mounted on the E-screws. These are mounted on a real nice custom PCB that Wayne designed that has numerous silver filled vias transfering the heat from the top copper plane to the bottom copper plane with a gap separating the planes of about .007".

This isn't B/S/T and I don't want to appear to be soliciting a sale here. :nana: If you are interested in one of mine, please send me an e-mail.