• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired For Sale, 2 stage SF Z57 tailcap

firefly99

Enlightened
The Surefire Z57, is a click on lock out tailcap is for the executive series of lights, such as E1x / E2x / E2D / E2O.

I am offering my service to mod Z57 into a 2 stage tailcap for use with LED to provide a low / high beam. Currently, I can fixed the Z57 with the following resistor values, 10 ohm,22 ohm, 33 ohm, 47 ohm, 68 ohm and 100 ohm.

For E1L or KL1 on E1 body, (1 cell body)
With 22 ohm resistor, runtime for low beam is about 54~60 hours.
With 68 ohm resistor, runtime for low beam is about 150 hours

For KL4 on E2D body, (2 cell body)
With 22 ohm resistor, runtime for low beam is about 20 hours.

I am selling Brand New Z57 tailcaps with the modification, for US$40 including international shipping.

Last edited:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you describe how the tailcap will work after the modification?

i.e. Twist for levels, click on and off or cycl through clicks for high-low-off.

Thanks for the clarification,
MSax

xaman

Newly Enlightened
Kam,

I already PM'd and asked that same question and he said YES, it work w/the L4.

Sounds nice :)

firefly99

Enlightened
After the mod, twist clockwise all the way to activate the low beam, click lightly for momentary high beam or click fully for constant full beam, click fully again to return to low beam, twist counter-clockwise to switch off low beam, further twisting counter-clockwise to lock out.

Hope I have answer all the questions.

KAM

Newly Enlightened
Thanks xaman

Do you have a rough estimate of how much light it will put out on low with 10 ohm if you put it on the L4?

Thanks
Kam

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I'd like one complete Z57 with the mod for $40, please :)
PM me your PayPal addy and you will be rich :D !
bernie

P.S.: 22ohm

firefly99

Enlightened
Kiessling said:
I'd like one complete Z57 with the mod for $40, please :)
PM me your PayPal addy and you will be rich :D !
bernie

P.S.: 22ohm
PM sent.

PP received, item sent.

Please check your email for package tracking instructions.

Thanks Bernie.

Last edited:

firefly99

Enlightened
hi Gene,

PP received, item sent. Please check your email with package tracking instructions.

Thanks Gene.

jgdawes

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to buy one of these. What would be the estimated runtimes for an L4? Please PM me your paypal details with your reply.
James

Last edited:

Doug

Enlightened
Any way to get: twist on low, twist on all the way to get full, push a little, get low, push hard, get high, or, if in low from the 1st twist, then hitting the button will give you high......... anyways to do that with this tail cap?

firefly99 said:
After the mod, twist clockwise all the way to activate the low beam, click lightly for momentary high beam or click fully for constant full beam, click fully again to return to low beam, twist counter-clockwise to switch off low beam, further twisting counter-clockwise to lock out.

Hope I have answer all the questions.

firefly99

Enlightened
jgdawes said:
I'd like to buy one of these. What would be the estimated runtimes for an L4? Please PM me your paypal details with your reply.
James
hi James, Sorry for the late reply.
All the runtimes test that I had done are using several KL1 with a single cell body. Will do the runtime using my KL4 with a 2 cell body tonight. Let you know the result at a later date.

I had run out of Z57 tailcap for the mod, will PM you my paypal details when I can get some more tailcap from my local dealer. Thank you for your interests.

firefly99

Enlightened
hi Doug, Sorry for the late reply.

Doug said:
Any way to get: twist on low, twist on all the way to get full, push a little, get low, push hard, get high

No, sound like how a McE2s work

Doug said:
if in low from the 1st twist, then hitting the button will give you high
Yes, the mod work in this way. Hit button lightly for momentary high, click button for constant high, click button again to return to constant low. twist off, twist again for lockout.