G&P 5 watt vs 7 watt drop ins

xaman

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to know the same thing -- and beam characteristics too.

I see it's on the "soon to be reviewed" list at flashlightreviews. But maybe someone's already got them and can chime in?

Type III Anodized

Newly Enlightened
I just bought the G&P 7 watt led and the strobe switch. Hopefully they will be in by the end of the week!

Type III Anodized

Newly Enlightened
They still haven't arrived, they were shipped USPS. I asked the post office when my package would arrive and they said 2 weeks, talk about slow shipping!

Type III Anodized

Newly Enlightened
I finally got the G&P 7 watt led and the strobe switch. The assembly's construction is excellent and very bright. I also got the strobe switch, it too is very nice, but it does produce a high pitch noise. It really is not that noticeable unless the room is quiet. I guess it is the electronics inside of it.

thisisCP

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I've been looking for something like that actually. I might just have to order one for my C2.

RadarGreg

Enlightened
Type III Anodized said:
I guess you would consider it a 2 stage switch. It works like a regular click on tail cap but if you hold it down it will strobe. Here is a picture of the G&P tail cap http://www.lighthound.com/sales/gp_flashlight_accessories.htm
It is similar to this http://www.blackhawkvideo.com/night-ops.html
I am going to try and figure out how many strobes per second it produces.

I bought the same switch and put it on my SF 6P. I tried it on LED lights, but didn't like the high pitch noise it produces. The strobe frequency appears to be the same as the Gladius. I tried my 6P and strobe next to the Gladius and they appeared to flash at about the same rate. There might be some info about it online at their website.

Type III Anodized

Newly Enlightened
I wonder why it makes the high pitch noise? Does it make the noise on a regular lamp assembly? I dont have one here to try it out on.

lexina

Enlightened
Fusion_m8 said:
It appears that the 7watt is about 50% brighter than the 5watt.

On the other hand, it's less efficient. 80 lumens from 7W is not great and is much worse than the new Cree led. It's estimated that you will only get 30mins from 2 X 123s.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
lexina said:
On the other hand, it's less efficient. 80 lumens from 7W is not great and is much worse than the new Cree led. It's estimated that you will only get 30mins from 2 X 123s.

Yeah... kinda defeats the purpose of buying a LED light for longer runtimes over an incandescent doesn't it??:ohgeez: