• Total voters

clipse

Enlightened

a21.JPG

Just curious was the most popular LED color for the Surefire A2 is.​

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
White! The most useful of all the colors, although I am somewhat considering getting a red or yellow-green A2...

Timson

Enlightened
I wish Surefire sold the LED rings as an interchangeable part so that you could satisfy whatever colour whim you happen to have at the time.

Tim.

Galiphrey

Enlightened
Red for me. I'm kinda suprised to see so many non-white votes.

Timson said:
I wish Surefire sold the LED rings as an interchangeable part so that you could satisfy whatever colour whim you happen to have at the time.

Here here! Even a third party could make them, I mean somebody else. why not?

Illum

Flashaholic
carrot said:
White! The most useful of all the colors, although I am somewhat considering getting a red or yellow-green A2...

Convinced by Carrot....
at first I panicked since the old style box has a red aviator sticker on it...but no...its definitely a [see sig], cheers to you RPM...:rock:

incase anyones wondering after seing a cheer in a post, my light is secondhand..but hey, its an A2..:grin2:

clipse

Enlightened
I'm liking the UV A2. I want to get an A2 in white. If I do that I may think very seriously about changing my Red LEDs to UV. That looks awesome. :)

clipse

greenLED

Flashaholic
In case someone would like to see all the LED colors compared side by side, please take a look at the review I did:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/119758

Also, I wasn't able to find anyone willing to let me borrow they're blue LED A2 to complete the review. If you have one, let me know.

PSM - *nice* mod.

With all the able modders in this forum, I'm really surprised that nobody's hacked custom A2 LED rings. Patent violation issues aside, :) it'd be a nice modding project. ;)

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Galiphrey said:
Here here! Even a third party could make them, I mean somebody else. why not?
I'd buy an interchangeable Red or other color LED ring for my A2 if someone offered it! I just wouldn't buy the whole light in any color other than white LED.
For the few times I want or need red, I use my Proton or a SF filter on the L1, Q3, Inova X5, or HDS.

clipse

Enlightened
I got my red leded A2 for night vision preservation and coolness. :)

clipse

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Clipse,

I have the yellow/green light and love it. It seems dimmer than the others, and does a great job of night vision preservation.

I find that I have reasonable color recognition with the yellow/green LED's. I have a hard time with the other colors. I can recognize shapes, but subtleties get lost in the red, blue, and green light. I find the blue/purple tinted beam they call white ( :) ) is just too bright for low light conditions. The yellow/green seems just about right.

There are artifacts in the yellow/green beam. You will notice them while reading a book, or closely examining the texture of a white wall, but the beam is so gentle that I find myself quickly looking past the artifacts to the object I am illuminating.

Tom