• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Brand new HID kit for your Thor 15mcp

LGCubana

Enlightened
I just completed my upgrade to a 35w, 6000K HID; for my Thor 15mcp
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1622070#post1622070

I found a local source that supplied me with a brand new 1/2 kit; in the H4 format.
1/2 kit =
Ballist (w/built in ingnitor)
complete wiring (uncut)
6000K bulb w/o the (automobile) reflector
custom connector for your Thor Platinum 15mcp.
(It's probably worth about $0.50; but you'll be surprised at how perfect it is.) No screw holes required.

Took me about an hour to custom fit into the cavity of the Thor Platinum. You will have to remove about a square inch of the interior white frame. Now that I know how, it will only take you about 15 minutes.

The only other item that made the kit < 100% dropin, is that the H4 base of the bulb is made out of a polymer. It's thicker than the stock metal base (which equates to a snugger fit than that)of the Philips bulb. But it restricts you from using the original metal clip. You'll need a few dabs of your preferrred adhesive to lock the bulb in. I'm using a heat resistant clear Silicone; which can be easily removed.

Under the assumption that 1st class, insured mail should be around $5 - $6. The cost will be

$95 (shipped), continental US

Just post here & I'll see about availability.

Last edited:

AussieMark

Newly Enlightened
Would you be willing to fit it in the thor and ship it to australia, and if so, for how much?

Mark

rycen

Enlightened
Just a question-why the choice of 6000k?Why not 4300k?