Sony memory pro duo?

Brock

Flashaholic
I think I know the answer, but can you use a Sony memory stick pro duo (with adapter I assume) in a device that normally takes a memory stick pro? I am asking because I want to get a new larger card for our existing camera that needs a regular pro card, but want to get a stick that will work with the current line of Sony cameras as well if we upgrade soon?

Thanks

Brock

Flashaholic
I understand I can get a regular PRO memory card, but I am thinking about getting a Sony W70 and it takes pro duo. So until then I could use this card in our existing camera and then give this camera to our kids with the 256 meg card in it and move the 2 gig pro duo card to the W70.

Hendo, thanks that confirms what I thought...

Brock

Flashaholic
;) I check out Steves all the time, I have had a digital camera since they were 120k pixels :) I even have had pics at #2 and #3 over the years at Steves.

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, you can use a Pro Duo in a Pro device - most SanDisk cards come with the required adapter - it's a physical connection adapter.

--neg

danielo_d

Enlightened
Yup!
We have an old Cybershot 3.2M that takes Memstick Pro.
Recently got the H5 that takes MemstickPro Duo. We can use the Pro Duo in the Cybershot using the adapter. But obviously cannot use the [physically larger] Memstick Pro in the H5.
This sounds like the situation you're dealing with, right?
My daughter wants the older Cybershot and she's taken some good snapshots with it. [and she's only 5...] :ohgeez: $$ hobby.

Anyways, to re-iterate, you are correct. You can put the MemstickPro Duo into the older camera using the adapter. But cannot put the [physically larger] Memstick Pro into the newer camera you mentioned.
Hope this helps...
Later.

Danno

Last edited:

Brock

Flashaholic
LOL, ya our kids are 1, 2.5 and 4. The 2.5 and 4 know how to turn the old camera on and take pictures, and of course drop it a LOT. I can't tell you how many shots of their feet we have ;)

danielo_d

Enlightened
Brock said:
LOL, ya our kids are 1, 2.5 and 4. The 2.5 and 4 know how to turn the old camera on and take pictures, and of course drop it a LOT. I can't tell you how many shots of their feet we have ;)

LOL!
Exactly our situation! :lolsign:

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brock, to throw in my two cents, The memory stick pro duo (with adapter) works in my Sony P200 which is an older version then the W70.

Latest posts