I got my Kroma today!!!

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
The flashlight is everything you could ever dream of. It is irresistible. There is a huge variety of options with this light and its colors in different intensities. The white high beam is plenty bright, maybe because I don't own a U2, but I don't see the need for brighter light for most uses this light falls into. It is simply so fine I could not resist than to share with you all my enthusiasm.:popcorn:

SCblur

Enlightened
congrats on your new light, glad it is everything you were hoping for.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really love mine too! It's time to take it jogging.

No doubt, especially if you can carry a 2 cell light with you most of the time, that the Kroma will likely handle most tasks where you require a flashlight.

Great buy and congratulations.

-Goatee

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi LED61,

I too own a Kroma and it is my favorite Flashlight.

I am pleased to hear you enjoy yours as well!

All My Best,
John

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there John, how do you like the high beam? I used it last night and it was pitch black dark and it lit up my whole yard pretty good. The wife did not notice when I headed out the room on low red hehe!! she still doesn´t know I spent on this hehe!! The red can be used for very low keyed closeup work or even walking at night inside the house. The low blue is brighter than the low red, and the high red and high blue can be used outside where reflectivity is at a minimum. The high blue can be used for walking outdoors at night, it lights up everything around you.

SunStar

Enlightened
Hey, I don't know if you guys do the "woods" thing much at night, but I have found the blue-high to be especially useful in illuminating spider webs. I'm talking Florida type spiders and webs that span across ambush zones that are generally the path for hiking. Anyway, the blue is like holding a black light over the web and makes it really easy to see before one gets ambushed:candle: . (Who said blue isn't useful:laughing: )

I'm really enjoying the Kroma and think that it is perhaps the most versatile light I own.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi Led61,

I myself really enjoy the high beam on my Kroma.

That said I most often use the low white beam, or even the green beam (the version I have is a PK Milspec).

So for my preferences and needs, I really enkoy the output and beam on my Light.

Thanks for asking,
John

iced_theater

Enlightened
I like the Yellow/Green mode myself, but that's because it's very dim and is good for not wakeing up my girlfriend. I wouldn't dare use this light at my job though as it wouldn't be long before it looked bad. If it weren't a rare PK Milspec Kroma, I'd have no problem using it more.

blahblahblah

Enlightened
SunStar said:
Hey, I don't know if you guys do the "woods" thing much at night, but I have found the blue-high to be especially useful in illuminating spider webs. I'm talking Florida type spiders and webs that span across ambush zones that are generally the path for hiking. Anyway, the blue is like holding a black light over the web and makes it really easy to see before one gets ambushed:candle: . (Who said blue isn't useful:laughing: )

I'm really enjoying the Kroma and think that it is perhaps the most versatile light I own.

I've been taking PKEF (aka Kroma turbo) lights with me walking for the past 3 nights. I really like the blue leds. I especially like the blue with the main white LED on at the same time. It provides an increased contrast level.

blahblahblah

Enlightened
LED61 said:
You are privileged my friend in owning such a fine light. What else have you got besides blue?

Color temp of 5w LED - colors of 5mm LEDs
5k - red/blue
5k - red/green
5k - red/green
8k - red/green

I've heard the green is good for map reading, but I can not confirm. However, the green has some throw to it. It lit up a stand of eucalyptus trees about 50 yards away, while the red was only noticeable about 20 yards. Keep in mind this is in a very dark situation. I think the red is most useable in very low light situations.

On another note...
The 8k seems to wash out colors more. The 5k will show more of nature's colors to me. However, while walking on streets at night, the 8k seemed to get the attention of car drivers more. I noticed people braking earlier and driving slower when I was crossing the streets. It maybe a coincidence, but it always makes me feel better if I know cars see me while walking in the dark.

And one more note...
For walking around suburbs, I use the light mostly to get attention of cars and homeowners (pointed down at the ground). Today is trash day, so there were lots of homeowners putting out their trash last night. If i have a flashlight, I don't spook them and I generally get more "hellos". The light does a good job of getting me noticed.

When illuminating specific objects, the light also does a fine job in town and on the trail. However, I prefer a lensed light instead of an optics light when it comes to walking on uneven surfaces. The spill of a conventional reflector gives better spill illumination needed for this task. The TIR optic does not have spill except for a halo ring.