Gladius Coating Change?

TENNlumens

Newly Enlightened
Last year I purchased a Black Gladius that had a ceramic coating. My newest Gladius is OD in color. It appears to have a polymer head that is not ceramic.

Is anyone familiar with these changes in finish?

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some time ago they did switch coatings for increased wear resistance. Both of my Gladius lights are the old flavor, so I can't tell you what the new one is. Thought it was HAIII, but not sure.

peace

TENMMIKE

Enlightened
black gladius with a serial number above 5000 should be HAIII the OD will be HAIII as well but when that will be im unsure (may have already converted) the other colors will remain ceramic and or discontinued like i think the gray one will be discontinued .

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love a coyote tan HAIII but that probably won't happen. As for OD green HAIII, another thread about a month ago mentioned that the newest OD green batch will be HAIII. Is that what you have? If so, can you post some pics?

Glas4d

Newly Enlightened
if he bought his OD green gladius in the last few weeks id say it is HAIII. about 2 months ago i was in the process of ordering a OD green gladius from Strategos Storeand they said they wouldnt ship it for 4 weeks due to Gladius changing the finish on them to HAIII. so i decided i couldnt wait and went for a black one. maybe this afternoon ill take a screenshot of the email and post it.

TENNlumens

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the late response...

The body could be HAIII. However, the head seems to be "coated" aluminum.
You can tell it is a thinner material than the previous ceramic. The OD appears to be sprayed on... not anodized? Hmmmm....

My serial number is in the 9000's. (1 week old.)

Miracle

Enlightened
does the gladius have lifetime warranty?

I read on the net that when assembling the gladius together, u have to becarefull to aline it properly or it will be damaged beyond repair.

has this issue been resolved?

:huh2:

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Putting the tailcap on involves an extra step to ensure it's seated correctly, but it's hardly challenging. It's still easier to get on than those torches with springs that need major compression.

Miracle

Enlightened
Archangel said:
Putting the tailcap on involves an extra step to ensure it's seated correctly, but it's hardly challenging. It's still easier to get on than those torches with springs that need major compression.

thankx for the info Archangel,

does night ops provide lifetime warranty?

:huh2:

victory

Enlightened
not too concerned with the finish. if it wears off, i'll hit it with some light sandpaper and duracoat it. But it would have to get pretty worn being that i like the well used look

TENNlumens

Newly Enlightened
Night-Ops offers a limited lifetime warranty that covers parts and labor on everything but the LED's and batteries.

Paladin

Enlightened
Archangel said:

And the "electronics" are excluded from warranty coverage except for one year with proof of purchase. I'm hoping they eventually upgrade their warranty language to provide complete coverage for ALL parts of the Gladius light. For what I paid it's not as much of an issue, but at full retail price one would expect/deserve better long term reassurances In Writing regarding serviceability. I understand Night-Ops stands behind their product very well, so upgrading their warranty would seem a small step. Perhaps extended "full" warranty coverage should be obtainable for a certain fee like for extended vehicle repairs warranties?

Paladin

UVvis

Enlightened
They are also a good company to deal with. I'm confident they aren't going to leave you hanging, or charge outrageous prices to fix.

The way it is built, any problems should show up pretty fast anyway.

If the OD ones start coming in HAIII I'm going to have to get a fourth Gladius, dang it...