Wrong head on my L2P!

flame2000

Enlightened
I just received my 2nd L2P today. I was surprised to find a L1 head in it. :awman:
The first one I received few weeks ago clearly is a L2P head because there a trace on the PCB. Any way, I have email 4sevens about it, hope he is looking into it.

L2PHeadDiff.jpg

Another thing I noticed on both my L2P is that the anodizing on the head and body do not really match. There's a slight variation in tone as seen on the pic below.

L2P.jpg

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure 4seven's will take care of it. I've ordered lot's of item's there and he's alway's
helpful!

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
I think you'd know all about it if you really had an L1P head on the L2P body. I tried that combination once and the light actually screeched (inductor being driven too hard?). It was very bright but I chickened out after about 10 seconds before it blew up altogether.

pilou

Enlightened
It is not just the PCB trace. Look at the three dots (fasteners?) on the inner metal disk. On the L2P head in the picture above and the one posted by 4sevens, they form a triangle. On 4sevens' L1P picture, the form a line, just like in flame2000's head marked L1P. It almost seems certain that he has an L1P head.

Last edited:

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
I shipped out a l2p head today, within minutes of receiving your email.
I wish you took the courtesy of letting me resolve this before making it
public. :(

flame2000

Enlightened
4sevens said:
public. :(

Hi 4sevens,

Don't be disheartened by my post! :)
From the feedback I gathered from CPF, I know that Fenix store have the best after sales service and that you are one who will warranty or replaced a product if it's really faulty/incorrect. :)
I certainly look forward to buying from you again! :)

BTW, isn't CPF a place for us to share our problems and comments? I believe there are still some super newbie who might not have read the earlier post and not know the diff between a L2P and L1P head. :)

Last edited:

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
flame2000 said:
Hi 4sevens,

Don't be disheartened by my post! :)
From the feedback I gathered from CPF, I know that Fenix store have the best after sales service and that you are one who will warranty or replaced a product if it's really faulty/incorrect. :)

BTW, isn't CPF a place for us to share our problems and comments? I believe there are still some super newbie who might not have read the earlier post and not know the diff between a L2P and L1P head. :)

No problem :) I still appreciate you email me. I've had some customers
who would rant in a thread first before even giving me a chance. :p

4sevens said:
public.
:(

We're all about openly discussing about our lights, bad and good. What is up with the desire to have had this matter completely hidden from the rest of us?

Last edited:

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Handlobraesing said:
We're all about openly discussing about our lights, bad and good. What is up with the desire to have had this matter completely hidden from the rest of us?

Handy, I think you're missed the point entirely. I was addressing a customer service issue.

InfidelCastro

Banned
It could have come that way from the factory. Maybe some guy put the wrong head on it. Crap happens.

I seriously doubt I would have noticed that, nor would have most people.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeese 7777, trying to cheat...sending out the wrong head...shame shame. LOL

As long as your around this thread...how are things going with the E1-47. How much longer? Bet this will be a big seller if the price is right. Oh, and how are things going as far as getting the 123 bodies for the L1T/ L2T?

Ken

Freedom1955

Enlightened
4sevens is human and makes mistakes like anybody else. The key here is does he rectify his mistakes and how long does it take for a problem to get rectified.

flame2000 said:
I just received my 2nd L2P today. I was surprised to find a L1 head in it. :awman:
The first one I received few weeks ago clearly is a L2P head because there a trace on the PCB. Any way, I have email 4sevens about it, hope he is looking into it.

L2PHeadDiff.jpg

Another thing I noticed on both my L2P is that the anodizing on the head and body do not really match. There's a slight variation in tone as seen on the pic below.

L2P.jpg

flame2000

Enlightened
Freedom1955 said:
4sevens is human and makes mistakes like anybody else. The key here is does he rectify his mistakes and how long does it take for a problem to get rectified.

I'm fully aware of that. :)
I can understand his work load.....the amount of emails, enquiries and orders he have to go thru everyday. So it's inevitable that such mistakes occurs.

garageguy

Newly Enlightened
4sevens said:

Now that is fast! Just try getting great customer service like that from another company. Most companies will have you send the part back to them before they ship out a new one. 4sevens shipped it out right away to minimize the down time of the customers light. I have always received great service from him.

4sevens ROCKS!