luxeon torchs in fifthunit.com

Ironhog81

Newly Enlightened
http://contents.fifthunit.com/html/products.5th/sku.686.html

I have 3 of these. At first it had a 12V lamp, which died quick.
Extra 14V lamp cheap. I use 3 rechargeables. A lot of low cost power.
Small size to just have in vechiles with spare regular 123's if needed.
Runtime will probably not be long. Why not add a Fenix P1? I have one from here but my Fenix is a lot better for not too much more.
Longer runtimes today mean LED's to me and I have several.
A converted 3D Mag with 3w LED will take me until the sun comes up.

Limelighter

Newly Enlightened
There seem to be 2 versions of the VIKA, one that takes two CR123A rechargeable 3.6V batteries, and another that takes one 18650 battery. My guess would be that the 18650 version would be less bright because of the lower voltage than two CR123As, but that is supposition on my part. In response to a question posted on the FifthUnit website asking about the relative brightness of the GLIMT and VIKA flashlights, Kai of FifthUnit posted this reply:

Hello:

The VIKA with 2xCR123A has lower light output relatively to GLIMT. VIKA 2xCR123A gives about 62 lumens (76 lumens for GLIMT) but a stronger beam center (61.16 relative lux). However the VIKA burns hot after 5-10 minutes of usage. I get about 30 minutes of light from VIKA. I haven't try the GLIMT yet regarding beam duration.

Kai

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Limelighter said:
There seem to be 2 versions of the VIKA, one that takes two CR123A rechargeable 3.6V batteries, and another that takes one 18650 battery.
I've got the 18650 version of the Vika, see my thread on it here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/137198

It's actually extremely bright, close to a Mag 3D cell 3W-LED ... but that's because the Vika is actually a LuxIII running direct drive on a 18650!

It seems the 2xCR123A version is an actual K2 (and of course, runs dimmer on a 18650). But they cheaped out on 18650 specific version and paired it with the LuxIII instead. Still great throw, nice spillbeam with new reflector, and excellent runtimes on 18650 (compared to 2X battery version). Don't know if they done the same to their "10W" version ...

Don_Redondo

Newly Enlightened
I just received the 3aaa 7W Blimp yesterday and like it a lot. What I can say at this point, from some subjective tree spotting in the neighborhood last night, is that it outhrows my Streamlight ProPoly Luxeon and the hot spot is larger. It's definitely a "thrower". The color is very good, it's slightly more yellow than the ProPoly but only noticeable on a white wall. The reflector is the same width and depth as the ProPoly - so size-wise it is just as wide but half as long. I haven't had it long enough for runtime testing but have over a half hour on alkalines and it's still going strong. It puts out a lot of light for three triple "a"s. The onsite output numbers seem reasonable compared to the ProPoly numbers on Flashlight reviews – in fact I'd say the throw may be conservative. The on-site run time graph shows about an hour to 50% brightness on 900 mah nimh batteries and that seems reasonable from what I've seen so far.

Not a lot of experience with it yet but so far it's a great little light.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it actually has a K2 in it. The GLIMT is very bright with 3.6v RCR123, but runs very hot after 5-10 minutes of continuous usage.
luixi said:
Is it the led of the "10W K2 dual-mode, GLIMT" a lumileds K2?