Cheapest AAA led light for give away?

JanCPF

Enlightened
I'd like to find the cheapest possible white led running on one AAA. I've been giving away Photon knockoffs to friends and family, but the battery doesn't last very long with them, so I thought there must be some cheap AAA lights as well. Where would I get those?

Thanks
Jan

Last edited:

alberto

Enlightened
I would suggest the Dorcy AAA. It's a great little light for about $5 at Walmart (if my memory is correct). They come in a number of colors. I have serveral and use them frequently.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you go with the dorcy, look for the non-optic version.....

bruddamoke

Newly Enlightened
That light would suit your needs, but it may be a challenge getting to a Walmart where you are. :lolsign:
Some of the online dealers that are regularly mentioned here might have something, just check on shipping costs. You are probably looking at a cheap chinese light, US$5 - US$10 each at the bottom of the range. Check out Lighthound, Quality China Goods, and Fifthunit. if you are going to move up the food chain, there are Fenixes at 4sevens's site. Sorry, don't have the links readily available.

Don_Redondo

Newly Enlightened
The "clones" are still available on eBay.
http://search.stores.ebay.com/Findi...fsooZ2QQfsopZ2QQftsZ2QQsaselZ55550459QQsofpZ0
~ $50 for ten. Very thin metal bodies and occasionally loose threads but decent light output. If you go with these make sure to pick up some 5/32x3/8x1/16 (or metric equivalent) neoprene or foam washers at a local hardware store. With the washer over the positive end of the cell it provides just enough pressure on the threads to keep the head from accidentally unscrewing.

JanCPF

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies and links guys :)

Yeah bruddamoke - Walmart is bit out of the way for me. :grin2:

Jan

thelightdude

Newly Enlightened
alberto said:
I would suggest the Dorcy AAA. It's a great little light for about $5 at Walmart (if my memory is correct). They come in a number of colors. I have serveral and use them frequently.

I have given out a bunch of these as Christmas presents. I have received excellent feedback on them.