Stupid Me: Help-Windows XP tool/taskbar

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
My 4 year old was using Paint on my desktop instead of the "youngers" desktop. She can be quite active doing this, especially scribbling. Well when I came back the toolbar that I normally keep along the bottom (and prefer there) was on the side. I've accidentally moved it before myself and have been able to move it back, I can't get it to move back, I don't think it has ever happened on this computer. Can anyone help me move it back? With simple instructions?
TIA

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
You just drag it down there. Click the left mouse button on the taskbar and hold it down. Move it to the bottom while holding the button down.

The taskbar must be unlocked. You do that by right clicking on the taskbar and click on "lock the taskbar" assuming it has the checkmark in front of it.

Your four year old is very clever. You should ask her :)

I should mention I have the "XP" taskkbar, which I think is the default. The "classic" taskbar may be slightly different.

By the way, I like her style. My taskbar is always on the left. It's the only place that makes sense to me.

Last edited:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You mean that's all there is to it? I've always wondered how that worked. I've accidentally moved it in the past and could never figure out just exactly how to get it back. I usually did get it back, but once, I couldn't, and just decided I'd get used to it on the top.