Pelican 1200 Question

the fuzz

Enlightened
i just bought one of these.
Ever since i saw Lukas case in CPF with the M3 and his bits and pieces in there i thought i want one to .

Its build a tank i tell ya .

One question.

Its really tough to unhinge the clips and lock the case back up with the hinges.
Is this normal ? . Does take a degree of strength to perfom the tasks of opening and closing them.

Im wandering this as i also have a Pelican 1060 and its a different hinge system but the 1060 is so easy to open and close comapred to the 1200 model.

AlphaTea

Enlightened
I have a boat load of Pelican cases in various sizes.

The latches will loosen up a little bit with constant use.
The reason the latches are so tight is to make the case some-what water proof.

If the latch stiffness still bugs you get one of these http://www.all-pelican-cases-4-less.com/detail_pelican_peliease.html it makes opening the latch a little easier, especially if you have small hands.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alpha is right on, they will loosen up over time. One thing you might try is leaving the case in the sun for a little while and then working the latches a few times. This might loosen them up a little (I say might because I've never tried it on the Pelican cases specifically.)

Whitelitee

Newly Enlightened
We sell pelican cases with the radios we build at work, And I have noticed the smaller pelican cases are always harder to open and close..