I think I hit it lucky this A.M. CMG Infinity Ultra

sniper

Enlightened
I was at a local REI store, looking at their flashlights.

My wife says she would like a purse light smaller than her MiniMag with MJLED. Sooooo, I was looking at their Gerber IUs. All GREEN! A particularly unappetizing shade, too.

I saw one that seemed a different shade than the others, and noticed it had the CMG machined bottom, not the Gerber "improvement".

The package seemed a bit more worn than the others. I figured that this light might have ben from when Gerber bought out CMG, and had been floating around somewhere for a while, and just got shipped.

Needless to say, I grabbed it for a stocking stuffer this Christmas. :)

Last edited:

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
:twothumbs Score!

The newer Gerbers would be brighter with the Nichia CS LEDs, but who cares? You have a very nice light there. It's probably the last of the CMG-design Gerbers.

sniper

Enlightened
I hope so.

Would you believe that was the light I read about that pointed me to CPF and Flashlightreviews.com, which lead to LEDs, and Streamlight Twin Tasks, my 3D Magmod, and DB3Ws, and SMJLEDs, and Inova lights, and (when I forget my aluminum foil cap) is leading to....?$$

Do I have it bad, or what?:)

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure, I would believe that. As a matter of fact, my Gerber IU led me here in June and I've bought everything you see in my sig since then.

:lolsign:

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
My very first light was an Infinity with the yellow LED. My daughter took it to the Phillipines along with a more powerful 4AA light. She was in the back country with no access to fresh batteries. The 4AA light quickly burned down...but the Infinity worked the whole time (a month) and for literally years after that at home!

We eventually had to part with it. I was using it as a dog light and it got wet and sandy leading to failure (not sure why). Gerber replaced it under the Lifetime Warranty with one of the new design Infinity Ultras which is now one of our favorite lights too!

Researching that first, yellow Infinity is what brought me to this forum.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
The CMG IU was my gateway dru,, uh LED light to the LED path to poverty. also do miss the original even though I am not a big twisty fan. VDG

Now if some one kind soul could put a new CS 5mm in my ultra G whch was on for nearly a yr (hung over my PC and i just kept replacing a nimh) and is dimmed conciderablyI would be in lumen Heaven!