Anybody have experience with the Terralux 1W UV or Red Minimag dropin?

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a TLE-5UV for my mini mag and although a little pricey, I'm happy. I use this for scorpion hunting. Up until the TLE I've used flourescent lights for this task but they were big and fragile. With the MM-TLE I can spot a scorpion a good 15 yards away! Be careful when you twist the light to off position that you don't twist too hard and smash the LED. The max throw will "come on" when you immediately twist the light on. It will get progressively dimmer as the head backs away from the LED and the UV goes into the head instead of out.

InfidelCastro

Banned
So it throws a little ways.. that's good..

How could you smash the LED by twisting the light off? Sounds like a bad design. I don't see any way how my NightIze could get smashed.

cbdudley

Enlightened
The Terralux dropins are on sale at Battery Junction, plus they have a 5% CPF discount. I bought the UV version, but have not had time to really test it out yet. It seems to be very well made.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
InfidelCastro said:
I want a red one, but the UV one looks interesting. Anyone have either one? How well do they throw? Are they bright enough to be worth the money?

http://www.led-replacement.com/2aa_mini-mag.html

I got a camo Minimag just waiting for one of these dropins. :D

It's funny that you ask, I just received mine today, very nice so far. I plan on taking the light out over the weekend to look for scorpions. CM put an optic in his and the light will really throw. The stock package produces more of a flood . I also bought the clicky and like it a lot. I bought mine for 28.95 from LED-Replacement, John was good to deal with.

LED-Replacement
5002 43rd Street
Lubbock, TX 79414

(806) 441-8718

http://store.led-replacement.com/tle4uv.html

Last edited: