Anybody got an exploded diagram of a Z57/Z61?

InfidelCastro

Banned
I got my Z61 apart.. it flew apart actually.. and I'm way too stupid to figure out how to put all the parts back together the way they were.

InfidelCastro

Banned
Well it seems to be working now after messing with it for an extended period.. I think part of the problem may be one of the internal springs is not strong enough or else the parts are just not mated together well. I sprayed enough breakfree CLP on it to drown a rat. what a bunch of bull****.

InfidelCastro

Banned
batman said:
I'm too proud to work on my flashlights most of the time. I let them lay in pieces

yellowlaugh.gif

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kinda late but this might help others who have popped their Z57.

Some additional info.

opening a Z57
- Seal in a small Ziploc bag and boil for a few minutes, or use a heatgun to heat the switch.
This will loosen the Loctite on the threads.
- Grip in a beltwrench and use needle nose plyers or a Shimano TL-FC20 peg spanner to twist.
Search here. These fit the notches in the retaining ring perfectly. In the above pic,
note that some material has been removed between the points but this is not necessary.
You just need to squish down firmly on the rubber boot.

Be careful as the tool will slip easily and scratch the HA finish.

BTW all this info was compiled from the following great threads, an example of sharing knowledge and
making the world a little bit brighter, CPF at its best.
If you have a stiff Z57, you might find some valuable information.

I want to fix your stiff L4/Z57 "clickie" switch! by LitFuse
Check post #29 and #77

L4 clickie repair instructions.. by JHanko
This is the broken link in post #77 above and is where Ratdog introduced the source for the washers (post #13).