What's the verdict on the Inova T5?

Danbo

Enlightened
Considering procuring myself one of these lights, and wanted to hear from the masses first. Doing a bit of internet research today, I found a vast price difference with this light. Some places have it listed at close to $120, yet at least two places I found had it listed for under $70. That seems to be quite a bit of difference, don't ya think?

Whatever; I want one, unless you folks tell me the light is not a good one.

iced_theater

Enlightened
I'm sure it's a good light, I have a T3 and it works great for me as a EDC. The T5 is supposed to be a bit brighter and further throwing than my T3.

pilou

Enlightened
I keep hearing that the T4 is more comparable in brightness to the T3, despite Inova's claims. The T5 should be brighter than either. But how much brighter? Of course, if having a rechargeable is better suited to your needs, lots of places have the T4 on sale for below $100. It would be nice if flashlightreviews.com is one day able to complete the T series reviews with the addition of a T5 review.

postalguy

Newly Enlightened
They're on sale at a couple of places recently, along with the Stiker VG and the Gladius.

I'm wondering if they are trying to move them out because of something 'new and improved' coming.

pilou

Enlightened
I have noticed that Inovas are on sale at many places. T1s for mid-thirties, T2s for $40-45, T3 sfor $50-55, etc. Perhaps they have revised the TRIOS optics. Or they are gonig to add two-stage to some lights. Who knows.

Last edited:

thematrix

Newly Enlightened
I use my T4 for EDC, and love it. It narrow beam is nice, since it just keeps the light where you need it rather than throwing light throughout the entire scene.

Mark2

Enlightened
Four posts on the T4 ... :shrug:

The T5 is large and heavy. It's a little bit brighter than the T3, but really not much, it's well within the Luxeon lottery. The beams are similar with the T5 having a slightly more focused beam than the T3. All in all, I like the T5, it's a great glove box light. Tough, useful beam and output, long regulated runtime.

Last edited: