• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Interest thread: bodies for 27LT

Leef

Enlightened
I have made various bodies for the McG 27LT. The smallest uses 1xCR123 or RCR123, no tail switch (head twist like stock body). Others use 1x18650 or 2xCR-RCR123 and 1xCR123, both with Kroll clickies that will tailstand.

Is there any interest in bodies for these lights? :huh2:

Last edited:

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Interest thread: bodies for HD27

I like the idea of a single cell body, but I tried my 27LT with a single CR123 and it will not go into Hi mode. It will go into Hi with a R123 but at a lower than normal Hi.

I will glady change the converter to a Nexgen or Wizard (something like the PD's have) so I could use a single cell body.

Got any pics yet?

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast

The 1x18650 sounds good. any pics?

Danintex

Enlightened

I'd need 1x18650 and maybe the single R123. Would this include the cutdown inner contact sleeve?

Leef

Enlightened

I'll post photos this weekend. Yes, the HD27 won't work on high with the CR123, but it will with RCR123. I'm making a prototype using a Pila 300S, a good compromise between size and run time and output.

BTW, thanx, Jeff for the LeefRing comment. I'll have some LeefDapters ready in a week or two, to adapt SF C bodies to their M heads. You can see a photo on Milky's thread.

Leef

Enlightened

Oops! :ohgeez: A bump and a reminder that I need to post some graphs...

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

This thread is worthless without pics :D

Benny

Leef

Enlightened
Ah, indeed it is. So, quick as a wink, here's a photo.

hd27bodiesrz3.jpg

What can I say? This idea got buried in the LeefRings, LeefBodies, LeefGrips, LeefClickies, Leef....

As you can see, they use RCR123, Pila 300S, and 17670. Other batteries can be accommodated. Some have tail switches (Kroll in these prototypes, altho McClickies are possible), some don't. All tail stand. Those with tail switches have lanyard holes, and the non-switched bodies could have such holes, albeit maybe at the expense of a slightly longer body. The switched lights still have hi-lo output via head twisting.

So -- any interest? :huh2:

I have no idea how many HD27s there are out there and whether there are enough to cause a demand for bodies.

Last edited:

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bring them on,

I have one Custom C-Series Clickie tube on Order from someone here at the forums,he may step forward if he want to.
No pressure :D

I think the market is somewhat limited for such a tube,dont know how many owns one of the 27LT`s.
Maybe Don has the numbers?

Either way i think its a great idea and if these will be available i want one,maybe two.

One note though.
If it would support C-Series tails that would be awsome.
And ofcource be compatible with the Original Clip.

Benny

Last edited:

Leef

Enlightened
Benny, since I made these protos (many months ago!), I've realized the benefits of rear loading bodies and -- of course -- the soon to be world famous LeefClickies, that fir SF C threads.

So I need to rethink the 27LT prototypes with this in mind. :thinking: Shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Leef, these look good...
But, I'm a bit dim with the McG 27LT...
Are these still being sold ? Regards...

Leef

Enlightened

I'm obviously not clear on the nomenclature for this light. It's the McLux 27LT. Sorry, guys! :ohgeez:

The Shoppe has them for sale now @ $275. Here's what they say:

The McLuxIII-27LT is a dual level, constant current light driven by the New Badboy 750 converter (x2 driver) and has a Luxeon V (WW0T) LED. High is 750mA and low is 150mA. It is host to the McR-27L reflector which is shimmed .025 inch. It has a 2mm thick sapphire window. A pair of CR123 batteries are included..

Here's info on the light: http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1412239#post1412239\

Last edited: