• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired For Sale...slate McLuxIII-PD**SOLD**

pmsar35

Newly Enlightened
For sale is a McLuxIII-PD in slate, with the upgraded titanium clip and green H3 (tritium) vial in the piston and the stock PD bezel. The previous owner stated that he believed that this PD had a TYOJ installed. It is white and the tint is similar to my HDS Basic 42 XR GT.

I bought this a little over a month ago here on the B/S/T forum. It has been carried (but never dropped or scratched) and the head O-ring was replaced with a glow-in-the-dark O-ring by the previous owner who bought it from McGizmo about 2 months earlier (July 2006). Condition-wise, I'd give it a 9 out of 10. It is in the same cosmetic condition as the brand new one that I received from Don. There are no scratches on the sapphire crystal lens.

Don has always said his lights were tools:

"This light is first and foremost intended as a tool to be used and although the price is significant, it is not priced due to time and effort devoted to cosmetic perfection or appearance. There are cosmetic irregularities in the finishes and some parts have tooling marks. The quality of materials, fit and function are of import but the looks are secondary. Certain forms and mill work were chosen for their function with full awareness that a "fine" finish would not be an inherent result nor would it be possible without significant additional cost in labor and time."

The contact ring has been lightly smoothed and I recently lubed it with Krytox. The twist action is nice and smooth.

I am selling this because I just received a McLuxIII-PD with a UV1J LED and just bought a Mag11. I prefer the more "vanilla" tint of the UV1J, especially outdoors over the TYOJ.

I'm selling this for $200 including UPS Overnight shipping (if available in your area). US sales only, please.

I prefer PayPal. If you have any questions, please post or pm.

Thanks for looking.

Paul

mcpd1vt7.jpg

mcpd3bl7.jpg

mcpd4hc3.jpg

Last edited:

mbely2

Enlightened
Re: For Sale...slate McLuxIII-PD**price adjustment**

Free bump for a great light and a good deal!
I just love mine.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: For Sale...slate McLuxIII-PD**price adjustment**

Hi Paul...

I`ll take it!

Please send your PP info to me via a PM.

Thanks.

:)

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: For Sale...slate McLuxIII-PD**SOLD Pending Funds**

Hi Paul...

PP has been sent. Thank you!

A delivery date on the first part of next week, BTW, will be fine.

Best wishes!

:)