What to blow the last $64 in my paypal account on?

What to spend my last $64 on?

• Casio AMW701B-1AV watch

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Huntlight FT-02x

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Surefire Z44 + E2C converter + 3.7v Lamp assembly

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Save your money, the holidays are coming!!

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
I have a problem, I have $64 left in my paypal account, which can be used to aquire several Items that are on my wishlist... Now what should I buy? heres the list:

Casio AMW701B-1AV watch
I want a watch with a countdown timer to remind me of my medication. The combination of bison capsule on my keychain (now my emergency supply, but enough to last me 3 days) and the Casio watch will replace my current bulky in the pocket pillbox with built in timer.
$56.65 including shipping from http://www.4-watches.com

Huntlight FT-02x
I bought a TADGear FAST pack Alpha gen2 a while back. It has a dedicated flashlight pocket. The Huntlight would be a great permanent resident for it due to the multiple battery options.
$62.50 including shipping from http://www.jsburlysflashlights.com

Surefire Lego
Simply more toys to play with! I was thinking of a Z44 nat bezel and E2C converter from Lighthound in combination with the 3.7V Lamp assembly from AW. For a grand total of $64,42 including shipping.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go for the HuntLight. In fact, I already have gone for that HuntLight. It should arrive any day now.

If you want a watch with a countdown timer, just go to a department store and get a $10-20 digital Timex. I love the UI on those.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you need a digital with a countdown timer, I will sell you my Timex OVA for $20 shipped. That leaves you over $30 to put back for the holidays... :poke:

It is probably about due for a new battery, but it runs on 2016s so it is cheap to feed.

standard.jpg

"Repeat countdown timer acts as a great hydration *medication* reminder."

http://www.timex.com/ironman/ova.html

MikeHunt79

Newly Enlightened
Huntlight! But, I would go for the FT-01 instead. It's only $35 which leaves you some $$$'s left to buy some 18650's and a charger. It also takes 123's tho, if you still want to use primaries. :)

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for all the replies so far :)

I see some good suggestions and some less appealing :p

The choice for the Casio watch is well thought over, it has some other features that make it more attractive to me than other watches. The first is that it is an ana-digi, a digital watch will annoy the crap out of me an will not be worn anymore after a week, while the option of telling time analog will keep me wearing it. That said, $10-20 Timex is non existant here in the Netherlands, and if you can find one, it'll be a model with some kind of exotic strap fitting making finding a replacement strap a complete pain in the bum.

The Huntlight FT02x is also a well thought over choice. For this particular purpose I choose the FT02x over the FT01, as it is smaller in size and can run off AA batteries with the extension tube. 18650s are great, but I want a light that can run of easily available spares too in case of ...whatever... searching for a store that sells CR123s (which cost about 8 euros a piece here) during a blackout after the 18650s run out isn't something I'm looking forward to. Thats why the FT02x with its AA extension tube is preferred, after my RCR123s run out, I can switch to AA. for less than the price of 2 CR123s, I can get 6 packs of 10 AA Alkalines, and when those aren't available, I can still run the light on CR123 primaries. But that FT01 will be bought too, just not now :)

Last edited:

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the voting has closed :)

I forgot to set the end date, but I had Noon on 7 october in mind as an end date...

In the lead there's the sensible option, but as that was just padding, I'll go with the second place, which is the Casio watch. Thank you all for voting! and if I don't like the watch, at least I can blame all you people :laughing: