Night-Ops Gladius - Where to buy?

JamesSTI

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Been searching the net to find a Gladius (Black or Green) for a good price.
Put an order in with Botach for $120 with Free shipping and got an email back saying its going to be 2-3 weeks before it ships!!
No warning of stock status on their website!

So I found this forum and thought I would ask where everyone orders their gear from? I dont mind paying a little more than $120 aslong as its ready to ship!

Thanks!

JamesSTI

Newly Enlightened
I did see this site but do they sell the light without the Free Holster as they say
"Important notice - Blackhawk is backordered on the free holsters until mid Oct. We will only ship the light and holster when we have both to ship together."
Also they are $65 more than Botach but still less than others I guess.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Though I've never ordered from Botach, I'd strongly suggest searching & reading up on them in these Forums (specifically the Cheers~n~Jeers Forum!)...

Give LAPG a call - very pleasant folks to deal with! I did see that note about the holsters somewhere as well.

JamesSTI

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your help I will get in contact with LAPG and read up on Botach.

Ledacholic Anonymous

Newly Enlightened
I have placed an order with Botach. I am in Australia. They informed me that they will email me with shipping option and estimation. I have received an email today informing me they have shipped the order and hit me with a $40US shipping fee. There was no option :mad:. They did not get my agreement as to the shipping fee:rant:.

victory

Enlightened
i'm the only person in the world who doesn't have any major problems with botach. I ordered my gladius from them and had it within in a week.

Ledacholic Anonymous

Newly Enlightened
I think that is a minor oversight by Botach. I am happy with them in general but could be happier if they followed the right procedure.

x2x3x2

Banned
Ledacholic Anonymous said:
I have placed an order with Botach. I am in Australia. They informed me that they will email me with shipping option and estimation. I have received an email today informing me they have shipped the order and hit me with a $40US shipping fee. There was no option :mad:. They did not get my agreement as to the shipping fee:rant:.

If u think thats high, try checking out the shipping from lapolicegear.

JamesSTI

Newly Enlightened
I sent an email to strategosintl.com and they have the black gladius and the holsters instock ready to ship so I am going to order one from them.

ow!myeyez

Newly Enlightened
JamesSTI said:
Hi, Been searching the net to find a Gladius (Black or Green) for a good price.
Put an order in with Botach for $120 with Free shipping and got an email back saying its going to be 2-3 weeks before it ships!!
No warning of stock status on their website!

So I found this forum and thought I would ask where everyone orders their gear from? I dont mind paying a little more than $120 aslong as its ready to ship!

Thanks!

i just called botach and placed my order for a gladius this morning...i did it over the phone to a live person. they said theey only had ten in stock and it was desert tan. i bit the bullet despite the color. what a great price thats why bought it. i heard lots of bad things bout this company...but i did it anyways. i got a confirm in my email and it will be arriving tomow...(i live in los angeles) since they are based in los angeles. i wanted to drive and pick it up but i had to be a law enforcement official..oh well...if anything goes down i can drive down there with my brother, LAPD haha...ok we'll see!!! crossing my fingers...

Paladin

Enlightened
ow!myeyez said:
i heard lots of bad things bout this company...but i did it anyways...crossing my fingers...

"Heard lots of bad things", and you STILL wanted to bend over and experience it in person!!!:dedhorse:

Paladin

Rando

Enlightened
You can warn people and they still do it because of the money. I guess that's why the Nigerian scammers are still in business. Hope your experience is better than this guy's.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully you'll be fine. I have only had good experiences with them, but I *never* buy online - I always phone and find out if the item is in stock and when it will ship.

ow!myeyez

Newly Enlightened
Paladin said:
"Heard lots of bad things", and you STILL wanted to bend over and experience it in person!!!:dedhorse:

Paladin

ALRIGHT GUYS!!! i actually just got my gladius from Botach ups delivered with my 20 energizer 3 volt batteries!!! total was 151.xx with tax included!!! so as i was scared of ordering from botach, bending over for them, they did not dissappoint! got in new in box, with a plastic tie on the opening of the box that i head to brreak with a knife. it was in mint condition, the desert tan wasn't as bad a color as i was scared of! i just have one gripe about it!!! the plastic tailcap that you twist is plastic! wow, thats probablly where this light lacks in otherwise the brightness is great! i got lucky with botach! i definitely would call before you order from them though. And i guess it wouldnt hurt if you lived in los angeles as well. so all in all great price, came in less than 24 hours after ordering over the phone. i got lucky and got thru to their customer service the first three times i ever called them...but the today the whole day they didn't pic up the fone. i got scared but everything is great now...im off to play now!!!