Vote for me!

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I entered the Canon Australia "Find Your Shot" competition, and the voting is now open for week one. If you would like to, you can register and cast three votes per week.

Here is my first week's entry

If you can't find it, it's the one that looks like this:

640x480zu7.jpg

It's entitled "Location, location, location" so if you need to search that should do it, although it's a dodgy search alogrithm and a search for location turns up nuttin'.

I'll be entering once per week, so I'll post my entry here each time.

Thanks for looking!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice contrast. Did you use a polarizer? What camera is it? I own a Canon Rebel 300D, S400 and this year S3IS. I will never buy another non dslr without optical image stabilization.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, polariser. I used a Panasonic FZ-30 for the pic, so although it's not a DSLR, it does have IS. I'm hoping to get a DSLR soon (one of the prizes in the comp is the new Canon EOS 400D, which would be nice).

The FZ-30 is a nice camera and has got me some fine pics, but it really suffers from a few problems, particularly noise.

Oh, and unfortunately it's not a nude beach. There could be sharks, but they're probably around at the real nude beach where they don't have to take off the wrappers first. :naughty:

WNG

Enlightened
Nice shot!
I'd love to see a full size version. Any links to a download?
The Canon site's pic is even smaller than the cpf one.
:p

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do you want it bigger? Those people aren't nude. ;)

Yeah, the Canon "pinkynail" is super duper small!

WNG

Enlightened
bindibadgi said:
Why do you want it bigger? Those people aren't nude. ;)

People? What people?
It's a fantastic shot. and on my 1600x1200 pixel LCD, it's really small, and doesn't do it justice.

I like taking tropical sea and surf photos, and took some nice ones down in Bermuda. But almost all of them has my damn ex-wife standing in them!
GRRR!
I used a Canon, I only have small Powershots, S330, upgraded to SD450, and SD500 for myself and the girlfriend. Hope to get a DSLR soon.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Second week is up:

640x480ex7.jpg

If you login, it seems to be easy to do a search under "Explore the Gallery" and search for username bindibadgi (that's me!).

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems I missed a week, but here is the latest one:

640x480ge3.jpg

If you login here, it seems to be easy to do a search under "Explore the Gallery" and search for username bindibadgi (that's me!).

Last edited:

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
The next week is now up:

640x480ny4.jpg

If you login here, it seems to be easy to do a search under "Explore the Gallery" and search for username bindibadgi (that's me!).

Taylorf

Enlightened
Wow I think I have been there snorkeling before. Is that in Hawaii? If its not then it looks almost the exact same as this one bay in Hawaii.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
The next week is now up:

640x480wy6.jpg

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
The next week is now up:

coolaminemaindwellingincy5.jpg

Note: there will be one more next week, but I won't be here to post, so you'll have to look it up for yourselves. It will look like this:

640x480lv5.jpg

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great photos mate.

Composition, colour, everything works well!

I wish I could take photos like yours!

Good luck in the competition.