What is your funnest light?

yekim

Enlightened
................The one you play with the most, enjoy using or fondling the most, and why?

So far my Liteflux LF1 was the funnest. I liked playing legos with it and using it in candle mode. It was even more fun than my JETbeam MKII. Unfortunately a friend of mine was leaving for the north slope and need a decent light so I sold my last one, my EDC, to her. I miss that light.

I need a new light, and I have some sort of ADD so I need something to keep my interest for more than 30 seconds. I do not have the facilities yet to start modding anything so that is out.

Last edited:

Glock40

Newly Enlightened
Surefire 8nx get the most play time. Just recharge when the fun is over.

Fenix P1 is a close second.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I consider most of my lights to be fun, but the one I like to play with the most would be my Eternalight Ergo X-Ray. It's neat shape and multiple modes/features are why.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
My stainless steel Peak Baltic by far.
For those of you that don't know, the Baltic is a single AAA T bin Luxeon III light that uses the Pacific current regulator, has 5 different power outputs available and can use a 2AAA body.
Mine came in yesturday and I wanted stainless steel with the optional stainless 2xAAA body and stainless momentary switch. I chose the highest output available (called super ultra power) and feed it Sanyo 1000mAH NiMH rechargables. It won't run on alkalines since it pulls over 1.5 watts from the batteries. :D
Played around with it in 1AAA configuration and it is very bright. Threw on the 2xAAA body with momentary switch and it is a little screamer as the output jumped up again with the higher input voltage. The head does get very warm in 2xAAA configuration.
I work in a hospital and a girl needed to borrow a flashlight to see in the dark room. Handed over my "penlight" and she frowned since it looks like those pathetic penlights docs use to check pupil response. "Holy $#!+, that thing is BRIGHT!" She went ahead and screwed around with it for about 5 minutes and reluctantly gave it back.
Reconfigured the light to 1xAAA again and screwed it on my loc-line magnet/clamp device and it worked well as a work lamp. Took it apart and went with the 2xAAA with momentary switch since the stainless penlight mode is the most entertaining. I just have to remember not to let a doc borrow it to check pupil response :D
Flashaholism: it brings out the idiot kid in you.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also like to play with most of my lights. My Jet1 is fun cuz it's so small and darn bright. My TL-3 is fun to take outside and shine down the street. My Vital Stream and FT01 are used around the house a lot. But I guess the one I play in a silly way with the most is my SF C2+Detonator+M2. I'll walk around my house and flash the 200lms thru my hallway and in rooms pretending I'm clearing the room (when I'm really just going in to pick something up).

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
My Eternalight Derringer has the most modes, and the CKSauce LightWand has nice colors, but the Arc LSL has the best warm fuzzies.

Geoff

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Huntlight FT-01 because I love the size, feel and performance.

Maglite 3D with Diamond DB-3W drop-in for its heft and throw.

carrot

Flashaholic
As soon as I get my RCR123's, my Fenix P1 will be the most fun light... bright and rechargeable for guilt-free lumens.

ciam

Newly Enlightened
My recent favourite is a tiny red laser I bought from a dollar shop. When I point it to the top of the apartment building across the street, it shines a bright spot on the outer wall. It comes equipped with four heads, each of which projects a different pattern when I shine the laser on a wall. Cinderella, a cow...... and something I'm still trying to determine what it's. Isn't it fun?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Tactical Psy/Op E1e:
head.jpg

Funniest part is I can't recall if I sold this or stil have it! I do (or did) use it so often! :D

jburgett

Newly Enlightened
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the HDS Ultimate yet!

It has lots of modes to "play with", and has been getting more use as I experiment with all of the options.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
"Fondling" lights? :duh2: :laughing:

I don't have a lot of high-end lights but my trusty QIII goes everywhere with me. In terms of sheer output per cubic inch, that's my favorite. My other "funnest" lights are anything ultraviolet. They reveal an entire world that's all around us but otherwise invisible.
:)