Looking for, Single CR123A cell, multi5mm-REDled, with momentary tailswitch.

InfidelCastro

Banned
Something with a momentary or click on tailswitch. I'm looking for something like an X5 in red, only I want it to be shorter.

Any ideas? I'm stumped. Yes, it must have a push button of some type. I'm not into the twisty head crap at all. So Peak is out. I know they have a momentary switch, but I think the heads for the CR123A bodies are all luxeons. Unless I'm mistaken. Which has happened from time to time. :)

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
At first I thought of the 24/7, but that uses a rotating bezel. Could there be something more appropriate at qualitychinagoods or fifthunit?

InfidelCastro

Banned
I don't know, I'll have to give them a look. Thanks for the suggestion. Looking for something with Inova build quality though. Maybe I can pay someone to chop up and re-thread a red X5. :D

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
InfidelCastro said:
Something with a momentary or click on tailswitch. I'm looking for something like an X5 in red, only I want it to be shorter.

Any ideas? I'm stumped. Yes, it must have a push button of some type. I'm not into the twisty head crap at all. So Peak is out. I know they have a momentary switch, but I think the heads for the CR123A bodies are all luxeons. Unless I'm mistaken. Which has happened from time to time. :)

The Peak McKinley is a 1X123 cell light that uses 7X5MM LED's. You can get the LED's in any one of a number of colors INCLUDING red; in one of two different output settings: High power or Ultra power. They're EXCELLENT lights!

PJD

InfidelCastro

Banned
PJD said:
The Peak McKinley is a 1X123 cell light that uses 7X5MM LED's. You can get the LED's in any one of a number of colors INCLUDING red; in one of two different output settings: High power or Ultra power. They're EXCELLENT lights!

PJD

Awesome, thank you!!! I was browsing their site earlier and didn't even notice that!

Do you recommend the High Power or the Ultra Power? I'm worried about LED decay, but I've also heard the High Power is dim.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been looking for something along this same line myself, and have been considering the modded Fenix L1P red leds from the Fenix store, they are a bit pricey though.

InfidelCastro

Banned
Lee1959 said:
I have been looking for something along this same line myself, and have been considering the modded Fenix L1P red leds from the Fenix store, they are a bit pricey though.

I was too, but all they have left is the red/orange. On the bright side, pun intended, 4sevens said the red/orange model is brighter, but that's not really what I'm after. I would like a bright unit, but I really want full spectrum red.

I think I'm gonna go with the McKinley and a momentary switch, only not sure which brightness version to get.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah rats, was looking for a red red too, not sure if I would like the red orange coloring. Maybe the McKinley is the way to go I suppose.

nocturnal

Newly Enlightened
InfidelCastro said:
Do you recommend the High Power or the Ultra Power? I'm worried about LED decay, but I've also heard the High Power is dim.
According to this post by DallasA/MJ (who back then was the official Peak representative here), LED decay or lumen maintenance would seem to be much less of an issue with red 5mm LEDs than with white ones. While the number of hours given in that post may or may not be accurate in real use, the red LEDs seem to have a higher maximum current rating than the level they would be driven at even in an ultra power light. I can't speak from personal experience, though (only have white Peaks, and an RGB one).