My diffused Gladius on Low was too bright this morning

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never thought I'd be writing this, but I used my Gladius on its lowest setting, and I found it too bright.

Here's the situation: Our neighbors had to go somewhere suddenly overnight, so we had their dog for a little sleepover at our house. He kept on crying on his blanket in the family room, and walking around anxiously, so we put him in my room. At around two in the morning, he started pacing my room and crying again. After about fifteen minutes of comforting him, I thought that maybe he wanted to do something outside.

I put on my pants with my EDC and popped my Gladius out of the MUL. I usually keep the constant-on at the lowest possible setting, so I was quite surprised when what looked like a barrage of photons came blasting out the end. I tried adjusting it, and found that it was indeed the lowest setting. I ended up shining it at my shirt and seeing by the reflected light.

Now, keep in mind that I had extremely dark-adapted eyes - I probably could have made my way out of the house without any extra light at all. I knew that walking around outside and walking back through the house would be another matter, so I used the light. I used higher settings outside to keep our guest in sight.

I had never before found the Gladius's lowest setting to be too bright. I was pretty confused at the output, and I can only imagine what I would have thought had I used any of my other lights.

kc2ouf

Newly Enlightened
TigerhawkT3 said:
I never thought I'd be writing this, but I used my Gladius on its lowest setting, and I found it too bright.

I wonder if there is any other adjustable light with a "lower" low?

I keep my Gladius' constant setting at the lowest point as well. -Only light that I carry that I can check a patient's pupils with (although they tend to think I'm about to use a baton or stun them till I explain what it is :)).

Latest posts