what about "10W K2 Dual-Mode Flashlights"

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a good flashlight all around:

1- Quality is actually very good
2- The light is bright, but not enough sidespill for me and the lower level is not that low.
3- Using the 3.7v batteries rewcommended is brighter, but the flashlight gets VERY HOT to handle if on more than 5 minutes straight.
4- Runtime on RCR123 3.0v batteries is 40 minutes on high then drops off fairly quick.

I have owned this light for only 1 week, but have been using daily. I would recommend this flashlight as a good all around flashlight.
P.S. If I over tighten my tailcap it shuts off the light...you can not over tighten the tailcap...I know there is also a warning not to over tighten the bezel.
luixi said:
i want to buy a luxeon torch, And I have seen this torch in fifthunit.

anyone have it?

http://contents.fifthunit.com/html/products.5th/sku.852.html

thanks
luixi

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
how about you buy the one with the bigger reflector?

the dual mode is just too easy... a resistor is all that you need.

remember to buy the 18650 if you wanna use A li ion cell in it.

only buy the 2x cr123 model if you are going to run it on normal cr123

the only different between the 2 model, the 2xcr123 and the 18650 is the resistor in the head, decreasing the voltage.

but heck, i will buy either version and replace the resistor with solder and DD it with a 17670!(becoz i don't have a 18650)

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ended up modifying this light....bored it to take 18650 batteries (LG 2600mAh 18650) and removed the resistor underneath the led.
1- Not as bright, but just bright enough with almost 5 hour runtime with plenty of brightness at over 4 1/2 hours.
2- Still can run with RCR123 3.0v batteries(NOT RCR123 3.6v) which is a little brighter, but alot less runtime....approximately 40 minutes vs. 5 hours.
It's a sacrifice I am willing to make since it ran too hot with the 3.6v RCR123 batteries, and it was the same brightness with 3.0v RCR123 batteries before the modification.