• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Special Edition TnC Lith Lux V XYOT "Near Mint" ***SOLD***PF

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have for sale my TnC Lith Lux V with XYOT. This is #1 of 10. Here is the original sales thread (which, I will add, is found here, in the Custom & Modified B/S/T): https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/105084

With it, comes a clicky for it, and also a 14500 battery tube. It currently is using the 2 X CR2 tube, which provide a significantly brighter light.

You notice the title says, "Near Mint." Here's the story: Chris, of TnC Custom Products, screwed in the light engine by hand, and was expecting that it would be easily removed by us. Well, mine, along with that of another buy, some how got stuck during deliver transit. I tried to remove, at first, several times using snap ring pliers. I tried HARD to remove it. I actually put as much strength as I could muster without getting too crazy with my new X-binned light. I still could not remove it. Part of the less than mintness is seen in the two spanner holes. There are some small indentations to the inside tops of the holes. I tried to capture a picture of this in the photo that looks down on the emitter/light engine. There's a little scratch on the heat sink, near one of the holes, too. The other part of the less than mintness was caused by me, once, trying to use the wrong snap ring plier. I, at first, tried with the right plier, but then gave up. When I decided to try once more, I first grabbed the wrong plier. I grabbed the "straight" one that actually rubbed against the base of the luxeon emitter, giving it a little scuffing. I though it might have even scratched the bottom of the dome, but I honestly cannot see any scratching at all. The scuffing is on both sides of the base of emitter, but I took a picture of only one side, the "worse" one. Really, if you don't look closely, or I hadn't mentioned this, it may not be noticed. It, to me, is minor, but as lights of this type go (custom and expensive ones), perfection is perfection, anything less is not, and will be noted. Anyway, the light engine was finally removed when I got the bright idea to leave the light on for a long time, to get it nice and hot, and then try once more with the snap ring pliers. It worked! I was removing the LE from 14500 tube to put it on the 2 X CR2 tube.

Other than those small scuffings inside the head that you see in the picture, the light is mint. The tint looks, to me, something like those "Daylight Deluxe" flourescent bulbs.

SOLD SOLD $385 - Shipped in the U.S. SOLD SOLD SOLD "PF"

I'll add, that 9 were sold here on CPF, and #10 was auction off on Ebay. The winning bid was $611. I believe #8 was also auction off, a short while later, on ebay, and fetched $645. I don't think either of those auctions included a clicky.

Now, for the photos:

What you get:
Picture009.jpg

Top view - note scuffs to sides of emitter and indentations to the spanner holes:
Picture013.jpg

See scuff on black plastic base of emitter:
Picture012.jpg

Last edited:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Special Edition TnC Lith Lux V XYOT "Near Mint"

Wow, a great price on a rare light!
I'm custodian of #6/10 and it's a keeper, someone will snatch this up soon.
Didn't one of these go for over $600 on ebay?

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Special Edition TnC Lith Lux V XYOT "Near Mint"

Yes, LZ, the first one was auctioned on Ebay for $611, and the second one, #8, I believe (CroMagnet's, I think), went for $645 to a UK CPFer who, I think, says he actually keeps it on his keychain!

Thanks tdurand, sold to you pending payment in full!

Regentag

Banned
Great snag, TD.

I've got 10/10 from the second run (XY0S), and yes... it *did* go for $611 on Ebay :naughty:

Great little light as it is, but if you pick up (or have) one of Chris' "SF" series lights, prepared to be REALLY surprised when you put the module behind a 27mm head!

Enjoy!

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol, you've got a whole collection there! TD, yeah, notice how Regentag stated the light as XYOS? Well, I think he may be right. The sales thread did say XYOT, but I really thought I remembered Chris saying that he made a mistake, and that they were really XYOS Lux Vs. I just couldn't find where he said that, so I listed it as XYOT.

Glad it arrived safely and that all is well! The inside "damage" doesn't look nearly as bad in person as it does in a super macroed photo, does it? Enjoy!

tdurand

Enlightened
Trashman said:
Lol, you've got a whole collection there! TD, yeah, notice how Regentag stated the light as XYOS? Well, I think he may be right. The sales thread did say XYOT, but I really thought I remembered Chris saying that he made a mistake, and that they were really XYOS Lux Vs. I just couldn't find where he said that, so I listed it as XYOT.

Glad it arrived safely and that all is well! The inside "damage" doesn't look nearly as bad in person as it does in a super macroed photo, does it? Enjoy!

Thanks for the clarification you guys. I knew what you meant from the get go. I thought why bother pointing out a clerical error when I got a light to buy!

Reg-
I agree the 27mm head pulls that hotspot in like mad! I'm still waiting for the 27mm NAT to show up. The two tone looks weird.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since this sale is complete I hope Trashman doesn't mind...

T, I have a couple NAT heads left on my thread, and of course yes those were XY0S.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bogus1, I only mind that you didn't provide a link! Now, I've got to go search for your thread! You mean they came from XYOS lights?

Last edited: