SureFire L4 takes Energizer Lithium photo 123 battery?

Miracle

Enlightened
can some kind souls please confirm if the SureFire L4 takes Energizer Lithium photo 123 battery?

the Energizer Lithium photo 123 battery is 3.0V.

please confirm.

I dont want to blow my new L4

:huh2:

Miracle

Enlightened
wasBlinded said:
Should work fine. CR123 cells are specified, and if thats what they are, no worries.

the energizer package mentioned that it replaces CR123

is it ok?

:candle:

Miracle

Enlightened
does any kind souls know if A25593 L4 is considered a new batch?

:candle:

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was going to laugh when i saw the title. but hey, cr123 and cr123A are the same thing ok?

rcr123/rechargeable li ion cr123 are the ones that will blow the l4 up :)

citizenal

Newly Enlightened
I bought some Energizer cr123 cells of botac.com and so far everything looks good. They are 1 dollar each and sell by the 20 pack. Now if only I can find cr2 energizer batteries at that cost.

rollee

Newly Enlightened
I strongly advice against! those energizer lithiums are the most expensive in the market! like $10 a pc!
for SF and other flashlights get those cheaper bulk CR123, like battery station or surefire brand. save $$$!!

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
rollee said:
I strongly advice against! those energizer lithiums are the most expensive in the market! like $10 a pc!
for SF and other flashlights get those cheaper bulk CR123, like battery station or surefire brand. save $$$!!

Rollee, energizer lithiums may be expensive if you buy them retail. They are available for $2 apiece (sometimes less) online. Regardless of price, this thread was not about price, it was about suitability. Let me reiterate that there is nothing wrong with using energizer lithiums in an L4. For some, energizer batteries are worth their price premium. Energizer cells provide more energy per cell and appear to be better safety-wise than the private label Chinese brand cells.

As always, make sure that both batteries are same brand, same batch and both in the same state of discharge (preferably new) before you put them into your light. Additional testing with a ZTS/Ansmann and a voltmeter would also be prudent.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
citizenal said:
I bought some Energizer cr123 cells of botac.com and so far everything looks good. They are 1 dollar each and sell by the 20 pack. Now if only I can find cr2 energizer batteries at that cost.

What'd you say the name of that website was? Botac.com gets me an online plastic surgery site dealing with Botox and such. I'm interested in finding those $1 energizers, can you remember which site had them?

adnj

Enlightened
Trashman said:
What'd you say the name of that website was? Botac.com gets me an online plastic surgery site dealing with Botox and such. I'm interested in finding those $1 energizers, can you remember which site had them?

You had a typo?

http://botac.com/

Miracle

Enlightened
does Engergizer Lit cr123 leak?

if I dont use my L4, do I need 2 remove the Energizer Lit cr123?

I m not sure what happened 2 my thread this morning but its gone now

:(

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Miracle said:
I m not sure what happened 2 my thread this morning but its gone now
Since it was a battery question, it was moved to the appropriate Forum, but since you've posted the question here again - I'll go delete it.

Please review the list of Forums and pick the most appropriate one before posting in the wrong ones.
:thanks:

goldenlight

Enlightened
FYI: go to the Jeers section, and do a search on Botach Tactical,

They are nothing short of legendary for, ahem, 'screwing people over' (and over, and over....) in as many ways as possible.

'Nuff said.....

Miracle

Enlightened
Sigman said:
Since it was a battery question, it was moved to the appropriate Forum, but since you've posted the question here again - I'll go delete it.

Please review the list of Forums and pick the most appropriate one before posting in the wrong ones.
:thanks:

hi Signam,

Noted with thanks

:)

do u know if energiser will leak?

:huh2: