Cabelas "6" watt LED

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
It punches out a powerful 150-lumen beam that's more focused, piercing and refined than any you've seen from an LED-powered flashlight. We achieved this extreme efficiency with two 3-watt Luxeon™ LEDs that give you, along with a super-charged blast of light, an amazing run time of 390 hours on three D-cell batteries.

the run time sounds suspicious

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at website, it seem feasible, 2 x 3w Luxeons.

It's a bit heavy though, nearly 2lb bag of sugar.

Long too 12" nearly

Nice zoom feature on website.

iced_theater

Enlightened
I had one. It was pretty decent output wise, but had crummy bin led's in it. I only opened it up because it had fallen and the reflector came loose in it. It was glued in there and not threaded.

Illum

Flashaholic
well..at least we know their not exaggerating a single led light as 6 watts

I heard about the bad binning and a few early models with mismatched leds....
um...nothing else:ohgeez:

etc said:
It punches out a powerful 150-lumen beam that's more focused, piercing and refined than any you've seen from an LED-powered flashlight. We achieved this extreme efficiency with two 3-watt Luxeon™ LEDs that give you, along with a super-charged blast of light, an amazing run time of 390 hours on three D-cell batteries.

the run time sounds suspicious

change the "hours" to "minutes" then minus one hour for tolerance...:grin2: hmm-mmm 5.5 hours sounds reasonable:laughing:

the light looks a bit...odd with only two leds...looks like a good host for a 3 led design

Last edited:

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one. Its two white leds in a shared reflector to give a one spot beam. I have use dit for 6 months on the same set ofbatteries. Its slightly dimmer now, but I am sure it can do half a month or two weeks continious producing light with no problem.

tkflash1

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, Gee my first post/reply. I have one of these and it does pretty well. The 2 Led's merge to make one beam and it is fairly bright. I tore mine down and checked the Led's and it had SWOJ in it so i replaced them with 2 UWOJ Led's. Definately brighter now. Unfortunately i destroyed the front o-ring taking the top off. Anyone know where i can buy those?? The led's are mounted on a pretty thick piece of aluminum so it should be good for heat dissapation.

moontroll

Newly Enlightened
I'v had one for a year now,put three Titanium 11000mah's in it and am very pleased.I have never come close to running it down so I dont know how long it will run(but longer than I will).Its beam has about the same through as my propoly 1 watt luxon but much wider.It will light my barn up nicely at 70 yards.

Last edited: