Your LED light in the $10-15 range?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
that preferably takes double or triple AAAs. You have your Garity 9 led type flashlights from Costco for $3 and change which I'm going to give a few away at Christmas and then you have the Fenix L1P and competition for maybe the $30-35 dollar range which I may give out one or two to family members but what lights fall in between that price point that might make good gifts say to a couple of closer co-workers?

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight 1xAA tasklight. 12.95 before shipping.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a few $$ more? The 3AA MiniLED Maglite from Home Depot for less than $20!

Bror Jace

Enlightened
I gave a good friend of mine this light for his birthday:

http://www.qualitychinagoods.com/bulletheaded-flashlight-p-362.html

11 LED, 2AA light with a twisty and momentary switch. About $12. Everyone at dinner thought it was pretty impressive as none had seen an LED light before. Knowing your recipient (and audience) helps when selecting a gift. ;)

DAE has a number of good 2AA and 3AA lights in your price range (other links on that page I linked above).

Illum

Flashaholic
if you can find one on sale the dorcy super 1 watt lithium version is a pretty good light...ususally goes around $20-25 but ive seen online advertisements that offers $18

then i've seen ppl on the forum that sell them for $10...rarely tho..:ohgeez:

most of my lights are in the $10-$45 range...all bought secondhand..:grin2:

Bullseye00

Newly Enlightened
I second the River Rock 2AAA. It's small enough for a shirt pocket or purse, puts out a decent amount of (admittedly bluish) light, runs for about 12 hours, and is only $10. They're available in black or silver, with a pocket clip. It's a twistie with a momentary on that can be locked out if you like. One of the best $10 lights I've seen.
If you're willing to go as high as $15 and can find them on sale, I'd recommend the Gerber Infinity Ultra.(They're normally $20, but stores will put the on sale for $15) It puts out a decent amount of light, is water-resistant, built like a tank, and will run for up to 40 hours on an alkaline AA. The GIU is also a twistie with a momentary on which can be locked out.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Within a limit of $15 per light including shipping, there are the Nuwai half-watters on sale from J2LED are about $25 for 2 including shipping (note prices listed are Canadian $) are good lights. I like the TM-313X (I take off the clip, put an o-ring around the body, and thread a finger loop around the o-ring).

If you're buying multiple lights so shipping can be spread out, the 0.5 W 1AA twisty at Advancedmard was well reviewed.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lit Up said:
Streamlight 1xAA tasklight. 12.95 before shipping.

+1...I`m with Lite Up. Dispite the constant drain on the batt it`s a nice light for the price.

Ken